Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (https://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/)
-   DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current) (https://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/duratec-ti-vct-performance-2012-current/)
-   -   Full Exhaust (https://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/duratec-ti-vct-performance-2012-current/809837-full-exhaust.html)

Tglenzer 01-17-2019 08:09 PM

Full Exhaust

Does anyone have a video of the obx header with a fswerks race exhaust. I'm running the race exhaust and want to do catless header but don't want it to be too loud or be too "ricey"

Shade-010 01-17-2019 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tglenzer (Post 11356059)
Does anyone have a video of the obx header with a fswerks race exhaust. I'm running the race exhaust and want to do catless header but don't want it to be too loud or be too "ricey"

Will be LOUD AF and drony and raspy

owner: Rebel Devil Customs
Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T

ProjectCommuter 01-17-2019 08:37 PM

I believe the "AF" should go at the end of the statement. But I could be wrong.

2.slow jack 01-21-2019 08:32 AM

i could get a little vid later this week possibly. very loud. if you do daily highway driving it would be unbearable. i plan to change my setup in the upcoming months.

Tglenzer 01-21-2019 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2.slow jack (Post 11356757)
i could get a little vid later this week possibly. very loud. if you do daily highway driving it would be unbearable. i plan to change my setup in the upcoming months.

I would love to see the video if you can! I usually only ever do city driving with occasional freeway driving. I owned a v6 grand am gt with no cats and no mufflers, wondering how it compares sounds wise, thanks!

felixthecat 01-21-2019 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tglenzer (Post 11356785)
I would love to see the video if you can! I usually only ever do city driving with occasional freeway driving. I owned a v6 grand am gt with no cats and no mufflers, wondering how it compares sounds wise, thanks!

A v/6 & a 4 cylinder are going to sound totally different....The fwerks ''race exhaust'' w/ a header= your going to be adding another muffler very very soon. btw two 22''-24'' case length mufflers fit inline, such as two stealth mufflers & you'll find a the flange bolts up real tight to the flex, which works out great. The fwerks header/flex is the best header for a focus. You'll also want to get a VF engineering dogbone as the lower two primary tubes are pretty close to the swaybar....So yea installing a header changes the tone & noise level......>>>A Fwerks header/flex, two stealth mufflers & a tune to your race setup will get you going......Then all you'll hear for the most part is the header ting= Hot exhaust gases going thru the thin wall primary tubing vs the cast iron mani/cat.

Drovira14 01-21-2019 04:38 PM

With the stealth and the OBX i felt it took a good month to get used to the cabin noise. Loud would be an understatement.

felixthecat 01-21-2019 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drovira14 (Post 11356853)
With the stealth and the OBX i felt it took a good month to get used to the cabin noise. Loud would be an understatement.

I couldn't deal w/ that for more then a few hrs...A few v/8's a weekend.

FFhb13 01-22-2019 12:55 AM

I got to get a soundclip of mine..nasty!

Tglenzer 01-23-2019 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FFhb13 (Post 11356955)
I got to get a soundclip of mine..nasty!

Please do! I would love to hear it! I’m personally a fan of loud asf car, as long as they sound good and not like a fart can. I respect it as a car guy but it’s not for me. Has to sound good for me to do it. Would love pops and crackles!