New MST intake hose that fits larger throttle bodies - Page 8 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current)

DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current) The place to chat about any Duratec 2.0L Ti-VCT engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest

Like Tree61Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2019, 09:01 AM   #71
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

Points 98,653, Level 100
Points: 98,653, Level: 100 Points: 98,653, Level: 100 Points: 98,653, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%
FF Reputation: 160 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (31)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade-010 View Post
Really, comparing an excessively oversized Tb to the 63mm, there is a such thing as overkill, and going to large can cause power loses, stop talking to people like you are the tuning god and know everything, and talking to them like you think they are stupid.
Well sure its to big that was the point and if it was anyone but me saying this you would agree with what my point has been , just because you go bigger dosnt mean it will make more HP/TQ and if the dyno doesnt measure it there is no gain on the track if it isnt showing on the dyno

I am a great Tuner and I have dynoed more then you will ever do that does give me a step up , I dont have to set appointments to dyno and I dont have to pay to dyno so I can do more testing on things then you can so again gives me a leg up on Tuning and testing

But with your mentality of one dyno doesnt mean anything you have a long way to go because all your dynos are worthless till another dyno shop does the same testing , YOUR WORDS

You sell these parts so there is no doubt you will make things show 1-3 hp/tq , I dont sell these parts and have no skin in the game but my dynos are worthless in your words because there only one dyno

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Phone: 704-249-3745
Site:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Elder 1turbofocus
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2019, 09:16 AM   #72
Sonic Crew # 010

Fan#: 87369
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SE Sport - 5 Speed

Points 27,581, Level 98
Points: 27,581, Level: 98 Points: 27,581, Level: 98 Points: 27,581, Level: 98
Level Up 24% Completed
Level up: 24% Level up: 24% Level up: 24%
Forum Activity 25%
Activity: 25% Activity: 25% Activity: 25%
FF Reputation: 18 Shade-010 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus View Post
Well sure its to big that was the point and if it was anyone but me saying this you would agree with what my point has been , just because you go bigger dosnt mean it will make more HP/TQ and if the dyno doesnt measure it there is no gain on the track if it isnt showing on the dyno

I am a great Tuner and I have dynoed more then you will ever do that does give me a step up , I dont have to set appointments to dyno and I dont have to pay to dyno so I can do more testing on things then you can so again gives me a leg up on Tuning and testing

But with your mentality of one dyno doesnt mean anything you have a long way to go because all your dynos are worthless till another dyno shop does the same testing , YOUR WORDS

You sell these parts so there is no doubt you will make things show 1-3 hp/tq , I dont sell these parts and have no skin in the game but my dynos are worthless in your words because there only one dyno

Tom
One tuner dynoing doesn't offer comparisons, Idgaf if you have a dyno, or think you are a great tuner, that point is mute. Grow TF up.. you do you, and ill do me. I have always shown before and after dyno comparisons, and you have not ... people want data and info not hearsay .. "I'm a great tuner and own a dyno, so I AM GOD" give me a break

owner: Rebel Devil Customs
Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T
Old 02-21-2019, 03:23 PM   #73
FF Affiliate

Points 98,653, Level 100
Points: 98,653, Level: 100 Points: 98,653, Level: 100 Points: 98,653, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 100%
FF Reputation: 160 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Because you didnt see the Pictures / dynos doesnt mean there wasnt any , I showed pictures and dyno and it was talked about in detail my myself and another guy that dynoed his Focus and a few others that chimed in

You always like to make it like your inventing the wheel and you didnt , God , Not even close , great Tuner , Fabricator , Engine builder yes , you should try it !

Tom

Customer Support
Email:

Site:

Elder 1turbofocus

Last edited by 1turbofocus; 02-21-2019 at 03:56 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2019, 04:21 PM   #74
Sonic Crew # 010

Points 27,581, Level 98
Level Up 24% Completed
Forum Activity 25%
Quote:
Because you didnt see the Pictures / dynos doesnt mean there wasnt any , I showed pictures and dyno and it was talked about in detail my myself and another guy that dynoed his Focus and a few others that chimed in

You always like to make it like your inventing the wheel and you didnt , God , Not even close , great Tuner , Fabricator , Engine builder yes , you should try it !

Tom
Just for you

Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T
Colossus likes this.
Old 02-22-2019, 07:21 AM   #75
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 347458
What I Drive: 2018 Silver Focus Titanium Hatch

Points 12,627, Level 73
Points: 12,627, Level: 73 Points: 12,627, Level: 73 Points: 12,627, Level: 73
Level Up 45% Completed
Level up: 45% Level up: 45% Level up: 45%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Colossus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Here we go again...

So you still not have explained away the articles posted about TB response and larger TB will add HP/TQ down the road with your set up. Each part is a piece of the puzzle and once you have all the pieces together is when you will see the benefits of your hard work.

There's more then just HP/TQ, just like adding gears to your set up. In a Mustang or even a Focus you want depending on your set up 3.55's to 4.10's (Mustang, not sure for the Focus) They allow you to reach your power band quicker without adding HP/TQ. It allows your engine to rev faster and reach the optimum power band for each shift if it's a stick and/or the same for the Auto where tuning comes into play.

There's More then having a 1000ft/lb. torque when you can have 900 and still pull more.
Old 02-22-2019, 07:59 AM   #76
FF Affiliate

Points 98,653, Level 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 100%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus View Post
Here we go again...

So you still not have explained away the articles posted about TB response and larger TB will add HP/TQ down the road with your set up. Each part is a piece of the puzzle and once you have all the pieces together is when you will see the benefits of your hard work.
Ill say this again , I am all for a combination of parts that work together but adding parts to that combination that dont help or work with the other parts wont help with the overall combination of parts or gains in HP/TQ , Thinking a part should help and add HP/TQ just because you read about it helping on other cars or Motorcycles doesnt mean it actually works on your Focus , Its like the gorgeous sheet metal Intake Manifold that was made for the MK3 everyone though they would gain HP/TQ but they lost both HP and TQ

So here is a combination for you , Sheet metal custom Intake manifold , larger TB , TB spacer , hose , will make less HP/TQ then a stock engine , The combination has to be the correct combination of parts or you wont gain any HP/TQ

Quote:
There's more then just HP/TQ, just like adding gears to your set up. In a Mustang or even a Focus you want depending on your set up 3.55's to 4.10's (Mustang, not sure for the Focus) They allow you to reach your power band quicker without adding HP/TQ. It allows your engine to rev faster and reach the optimum power band for each shift if it's a stick and/or the same for the Auto where tuning comes into play.
Now your talking gearing , Gearing is day and night different that what were talking about here , lets deal with the hose and TB

Quote:
There's More then having a 1000ft/lb. torque when you can have 900 and still pull more.
So your saying under the same combination on both cars that 100 pound foot of TQ less will be faster then 100 pound foot more under the same conditions ?? Please tell me that isnt what your saying

Tom

Customer Support
Email:

Site:

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 02-22-2019, 08:01 AM   #77
FF Affiliate

Points 98,653, Level 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 100%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade-010 View Post
Just for you

Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T
Why thanks Mike your awesome as well !

Tom
Shade-010 and Colossus like this.

Customer Support
Email:

Site:

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 02-22-2019, 10:14 AM   #78
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 347458
What I Drive: 2018 Silver Focus Titanium Hatch

Points 12,627, Level 73
Points: 12,627, Level: 73 Points: 12,627, Level: 73 Points: 12,627, Level: 73
Level Up 45% Completed
Level up: 45% Level up: 45% Level up: 45%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Colossus Good Standing Member
Red face

Quote:
Ill say this again , I am all for a combination of parts that work together but adding parts to that combination that dont help or work with the other parts wont help with the overall combination of parts or gains in HP/TQ , Thinking a part should help and add HP/TQ just because you read about it helping on other cars or Motorcycles doesnt mean it actually works on your Focus , Its like the gorgeous sheet metal Intake Manifold that was made for the MK3 everyone though they would gain HP/TQ but they lost both HP and TQ

So here is a combination for you , Sheet metal custom Intake manifold , larger TB , TB spacer , hose , will make less HP/TQ then a stock engine , The combination has to be the correct combination of parts or you wont gain any HP/TQ

Now your talking gearing , Gearing is day and night different that what were talking about here , lets deal with the hose and TB

So your saying under the same combination on both cars that 100 pound foot of TQ less will be faster then 100 pound foot more under the same conditions ?? Please tell me that isnt what your saying

Tom
Ok, so we are talking just the engine and not the whole package? That sums it all up nicely. I'm talking the whole package and not just and engine...

Gearing is a HUGE in getting to your power band and getting off the line quicker then the guy next to you. This is huge when you are dealing with power adders to. Without the gearing you aren't going anywhere.

But were just talking the Engine...

Well that depends on who built the intake and the amount of R/D that was done to prove it works before putting it on the market. Plus was it set up for NA/Turbo etc... Just because there was a failed intake doesn't mean someone else won't come out with a better one and does produce HP/TQ.

Not really; per say, but you can have a car with tones of power and without the right combination and can't put the power to the wheels and you'll loose to a less powerful car who has the right set up.
Shade-010 likes this.
Old 02-22-2019, 01:58 PM   #79
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 409585
What I Drive: 2015 Focus SE

Points 13, Level 1
Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1
Level Up 25% Completed
Level up: 25% Level up: 25% Level up: 25%
Forum Activity 33%
Activity: 33% Activity: 33% Activity: 33%
FF Reputation: 1 Ds_2015_SE Good Standing Member
Been watching this thread for awhile and I did order this hose.

Tonight Ill be installing Steeda 63mm TB spacer, 63mm TB, MST hose for 63mm TB, RS airbox, Cobb filter and velossa tech wide mouth snorkel.

Do I expect much of an increase in power? Nah. I would like some throttle response increase though. That would be nice.
Shade-010 and Colossus like this.
Old 02-22-2019, 02:00 PM   #80
Sonic Crew # 010

Points 27,581, Level 98
Level Up 24% Completed
Forum Activity 25%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ds_2015_SE View Post
Been watching this thread for awhile and I did order this hose.

Tonight Ill be installing Steeda 63mm TB spacer, 63mm TB, MST hose for 63mm TB, RS airbox, Cobb filter and velossa tech wide mouth snorkel.

Do I expect much of an increase in power? Nah. I would like some throttle response increase though. That would be nice.
With the spacer it may be tight

Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Focus Centennial Edition Sedan
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in