New MST intake hose that fits larger throttle bodies - Page 4 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current)

DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current) The place to chat about any Duratec 2.0L Ti-VCT engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest

Like Tree61Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2019, 09:54 AM   #31
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

Points 98,653, Level 100
Points: 98,653, Level: 100 Points: 98,653, Level: 100 Points: 98,653, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%
FF Reputation: 160 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (31)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, I know you have numbers for dyno tuning and know your stuff. I'm not trying to piss anybody off, but putting my input in. This is what I'm getting at:

Allot of the products won't add horse power; some will. The one's that do, most companies will have dyno's showing the power gains and can back up there claims. This has allot to deal with what kind of set up the test car had upon testing the product.

Others are to reduce weight off the engine to allow it to Rev faster and achieve it's max power band quicker then someone who doesn't have the product. These might not add HP/TQ but they allow for the engine to get its maximum power to the ground.

Your main goal is to stay within the max power band as much as possible so you get the most out of your engine. Using a Tach and Shift light help achieve this for each gear. Tuning helps allot especially when you have an automatic transmission and the shift light might not be able to be used. Steering wheel shifts might be able to still use the shift light.

The other factor is the weather on the day you go to the track. This is one issue I believe can make or break some cars. This is when tuning really helps to give you the best outcome on the race.

Each person needs to do there own research to see if the product is best for them and there project car. There's a plethora of information out there to make the most informed dissension.
And none of that addressed anything we were talking about , about dyno not seeing HP but you will have more HP at the track or a combination of parts working together

But I do agree with what you did say

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Phone: 704-249-3745
Site:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Elder 1turbofocus
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2019, 09:58 AM   #32
FF Affiliate

Points 98,653, Level 100
Points: 98,653, Level: 100 Points: 98,653, Level: 100 Points: 98,653, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 100%
FF Reputation: 160 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade-010 View Post
There will he further research into gains vs no Gains for the TB, the hose will only get rid of the accordian turbulence. One tuner testing the TB does not verify gains or not, thats like saying if one person built an engine and did his testing, and showed gains, then technically his word would be final, however another person using the same engine but his own tuning, and finds out otherwise, well now you have some data......... we will be testing my Hatch with stock vs larger TB, same day dyno, only difference will be TB and Tune for TB... no other adjustments.

If there are gains, we will post, if no gains we will post, if only tb response gains we will post
Really , " One tuner testing the TB does not verify gains or not " SERIOUSLY so if you get different results your results are no good and if you make a part and dyno it the results are no good unless another dyno backs it up < You just opened your own can of worms , I will remind you of your own words down the road

You sell these parts so it will be no shock to me that you see 1-3 hp gains so you can sell product , I have no skin in the game because I dont sell any TB or the hose but my results are no good because it was only one dyno result and that isnt enough oh and you didnt tune it of course , the testing I did was dyno TB stock no tune , dyno bigger TB no tune so where does tuning come into play , you have stated no tuning is needed for only TB , and this is a TB and hose were talking about not an engine

Tom

Customer Support
Email:

Site:

Elder 1turbofocus

Last edited by 1turbofocus; 02-14-2019 at 10:01 AM.
Old 02-14-2019, 10:01 AM   #33
Sonic Crew # 010

Fan#: 87369
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SE Sport - 5 Speed

Points 27,581, Level 98
Points: 27,581, Level: 98 Points: 27,581, Level: 98 Points: 27,581, Level: 98
Level Up 24% Completed
Level up: 24% Level up: 24% Level up: 24%
Forum Activity 25%
Activity: 25% Activity: 25% Activity: 25%
FF Reputation: 18 Shade-010 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus View Post
Really , " One tuner testing the TB does not verify gains or not " SERIOUSLY so if you get different results your results are no good and if you make a part and dyno it the results are no good unless another dyno backs it up < You just opened your own can of worms , I will remind you of your own words down the road

You sell these parts so it will be no shock to me that you see 1-3 hp gains so you can sell product , I have no skin in the game because I dont sell any TB or the hose

Tom
Open my own can of worms? I post all data when testing on Dynos, every part we have built has been dyno testing for gains, the TB we did not build, but we are authorized to do our own testing, the test may determine its the TB with a compatible tune that works, who knows. Time and testing will tell. As this test will be done and documents (dyno sheets, datalogs, and vid/pic) so let's see what comes out.

I will also not participate in a pissing match, as anyone that questions what you say all of the sudden is all against you. End of story.

owner: Rebel Devil Customs
Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T
Colossus likes this.

Last edited by Shade-010; 02-14-2019 at 10:04 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2019, 10:33 AM   #34
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 347458
What I Drive: 2018 Silver Focus Titanium Hatch

Points 12,627, Level 73
Points: 12,627, Level: 73 Points: 12,627, Level: 73 Points: 12,627, Level: 73
Level Up 45% Completed
Level up: 45% Level up: 45% Level up: 45%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Colossus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Shade-010,

Thank you for your input and testing you are willing to do.
Shade-010 likes this.
Old 02-14-2019, 10:43 AM   #35
FF Affiliate

Points 98,653, Level 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 100%
Quote:
Open my own can of worms? I post all data when testing on Dynos, every part we have built has been dyno testing for gains, the TB we did not build, but we are authorized to do our own testing, the test may determine its the TB with a compatible tune that works, who knows. Time and testing will tell. As this test will be done and documents (dyno sheets, datalogs, and vid/pic) so let's see what comes out.
Yes but those test wont be any good because " One tuner testing the TB does not verify gains or not " Your words so by your words you will have to get a independent dyno shop to dyno everything you dyno again and post the results which you havent done with any of your stuff so I guess all these dynos you say you have done are worthless because " One tuner testing the TB does not verify gains or not " Your words , kinda a silly statement wasnt it ???

Tom

Customer Support
Email:

Site:

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 02-14-2019, 12:08 PM   #36
Focus Enthusiast

Points 12,627, Level 73
Level Up 45% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Wrong, Tom; you have tested the products as you have stated throughout this thread. So in essence you should provide Dyno results for the TB. Plus what if anything else was added prior to the testing, such as anything not stock.

On another Thread you stated there were no gains for Steeda's TB Spacer. Steeda responded and they have proof of gains. They also test all there products for HP/TQ, UDP was another one I remember and there are plenty of business and shops that do prove gains.
Old 02-14-2019, 12:21 PM   #37
Focus Enthusiast

Points 12,627, Level 73
Level Up 45% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Also to clarify "combination of parts working together" So the Filter, intake tube, TB, TB Spacer, Catback exhaust system doesn't work together to make extra HP/TQ then stock? So everyone is wrong on putting pieces together to make there Focus faster...

That would also in tale the Tune... Interesting...
Shade-010 likes this.
Old 02-14-2019, 12:22 PM   #38
Sonic Crew # 010

Fan#: 87369
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SE Sport - 5 Speed

Points 27,581, Level 98
Points: 27,581, Level: 98 Points: 27,581, Level: 98 Points: 27,581, Level: 98
Level Up 24% Completed
Level up: 24% Level up: 24% Level up: 24%
Forum Activity 25%
Activity: 25% Activity: 25% Activity: 25%
FF Reputation: 18 Shade-010 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus View Post
Yes but those test wont be any good because " One tuner testing the TB does not verify gains or not " Your words so by your words you will have to get a independent dyno shop to dyno everything you dyno again and post the results which you havent done with any of your stuff so I guess all these dynos you say you have done are worthless because " One tuner testing the TB does not verify gains or not " Your words , kinda a silly statement wasnt it ???

Tom
Apparently you didn't grasp the full meaning of that statement.... without more than one test to compare to, then no only ONE tuner testing does not verify gains or not, but having more than one, does give the customer more valid data to compare and make their own determination on if it's worth it or not . ..

owner: Rebel Devil Customs
Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T
Old 02-14-2019, 12:35 PM   #39
FF Affiliate

Points 98,653, Level 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 100%
Quote:
Apparently you didn't grasp the full meaning of that statement.... without more than one test to compare to, then no only ONE tuner testing does not verify gains or not, but having more than one, does give the customer more valid data to compare and make their own determination on if it's worth it or not .
Ok , then all YOUR dynos you do wont carry any weight and should be taken lightly till another dyno comes out to validate them , thats what you saying , its silly and rediculous but thats what you said

I understand what your saying and what your saying is exactly what I said in my last post and in this one

Tom

Customer Support
Email:

Site:

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 02-15-2019, 03:50 PM   #40
Focus Enthusiast

Points 12,627, Level 73
Level Up 45% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Now back to the subject at hand, Anybody else in stall the new intake hose? Pics, how it feels on the Butt-o Meter?

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Focus Centennial Edition Sedan
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in