Converting A 2014 Focus Titanium To A 2015-18 Titanium - Page 4 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current)

DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current) The place to chat about any Duratec 2.0L Ti-VCT engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2019, 02:50 PM   #31
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 387673
What I Drive: 2014 Focus Titanium-Soon To Be 2015

Points 952, Level 16
Points: 952, Level: 16 Points: 952, Level: 16 Points: 952, Level: 16
Level Up 52% Completed
Level up: 52% Level up: 52% Level up: 52%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 3 14 Titanium Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Thank you guys for your kind words. skiboarder119, I don't blame you for feeling that way. I have heard from several people that they think i'm scamming people over this. But why would i do that? It takes so much of my time and effort to make something up like this. Besides, i have only showed you guys several pics of my car being done, but i have an album of many pictures from beginning to now with photo's of me doing this project. Also one way you can tell it's for real is look at my vin number. You can see that the vin shows it a 2014 and the state referee marks it as a 2015 for smog purposes. So there is no way i could have made this up. :-)
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2019, 08:55 PM   #32
Focus Enthusiast

Points 952, Level 16
Level Up 52% Completed
Forum Activity 5%
So hello guys and wonderful gals. :-) Just an update on my conversion for today. Now being that i got the BCM, PCM and ABS modules from different cars that have different Vins, Ford is requiring me to show them the receipts for all the parts i purchased for my project just to make sure i didn't steal a car and remove parts from it to make mine run. Ford also needs a copy of my drivers license and registration to my car just to verify my car and all parts installed in my car. Once Ford gets all my stuff, they will then allow the shop that has my car to gain access to the Ford Cloud to get a password for IDS to continue the programming of fobs and as-built data to be installed. I have since gotten the shop all the necessary stuff they asked for today and within a few days once Ford gives the Ok, they will get my roadworthy. :-D So it is getting very close now. I will give you final update once i hear more from the shop. Take care.
Arco-Zakus likes this.
Old 03-06-2019, 08:02 AM   #33
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 335897
What I Drive: 2016 White Platinum Focus Titanium

Points 233, Level 4
Points: 233, Level: 4 Points: 233, Level: 4 Points: 233, Level: 4
Level Up 66% Completed
Level up: 66% Level up: 66% Level up: 66%
Forum Activity 10%
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%
FF Reputation: 2 viper_crazy Good Standing Member
LOL, does Ford not think scrap yards exist? Like why would you steal multiple cars just to jack the modules?

I work for a Ford dealership and I love the brand, but sometimes the logic of some processes and the reasons they almost seem to invent is like.....whaaaaaat?!?

Anyways, I hope you get it all sorted. I'm looking forward to hearing about the finished project.

Sent from my SM-G955W using FF Mobile
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2019, 01:21 AM   #34
Focus Enthusiast

Points 952, Level 16
Level Up 52% Completed
Forum Activity 5%
Thanks Mr. Crazy. Yeah you want to hear the outcome. Shoot.....i'm wanting to drive the damn car already. I miss that fill up on my gas of 30.00 and then drive near 400 miles on a tank. But most of all i want to just drive it. I miss my Foci :-(
viper_crazy likes this.
Old 03-07-2019, 05:52 AM   #35
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 403975
What I Drive: 2014 Ford Focus SE Sedan

Points 177, Level 3
Points: 177, Level: 3 Points: 177, Level: 3 Points: 177, Level: 3
Level Up 54% Completed
Level up: 54% Level up: 54% Level up: 54%
Forum Activity 15%
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%
FF Reputation: 1 CHINITOMEX99 Good Standing Member
hey chief you don't happen to have more photos or a video of a walk around of your finish car? i seen the one you posted already and just wanted to know if there was more, major props for you man for tackling a difficult project makes me wanna do one lol
Old 03-07-2019, 08:03 AM   #36
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 335897
What I Drive: 2016 White Platinum Focus Titanium

Points 233, Level 4
Points: 233, Level: 4 Points: 233, Level: 4 Points: 233, Level: 4
Level Up 66% Completed
Level up: 66% Level up: 66% Level up: 66%
Forum Activity 10%
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%
FF Reputation: 2 viper_crazy Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14 Titanium View Post
Thanks Mr. Crazy. Yeah you want to hear the outcome. Shoot.....i'm wanting to drive the damn car already. I miss that fill up on my gas of 30.00 and then drive near 400 miles on a tank. But most of all i want to just drive it. I miss my Foci :-(
Oh yes! I understand what you're going through completely. The last little bit is the hardest to wait for. You can literally see the finish line.

Sent from my SM-G955W using FF Mobile
Old 05-22-2019, 11:45 PM   #37
Focus Enthusiast

Points 952, Level 16
Level Up 52% Completed
Forum Activity 5%
Well guys and gals. I hate to be the bear of bad news. But i need to tell quite a few guys that i am not going to be able to do my 2014 Ford Focus Titanium to 2015-18 conversion as i spend the many months and almost a year doing. So i am either going to part the car out or try to sell it whole to someone for parts cause i can not get the car programmed and running as the auto electric shop has been trying to do for the last 3 months. They were charging me $150.00 to do this and if Ford were to do it, it would be $450.00. The shop thought they can make this work. Here is the reason why i can't get my project up and running and on the road as i was so hoping to do. :-(

So the auto electric shop my car is at says they have a guy that used to work for Ford years ago. And they can have him come by the shop and do this job for them to get my car programmed and running. This is what had to be done to get all my modules programmed and running. I gave them the AS Built data on a flash drive that i installed on it from Ford from a 2016 Focus Titanium that had all the options that i installed in my car and this is the VIN number and as built data that was going to uploaded into all the modules so that all of them can communicate with one and other as they do in all cars. Well the guy that was doing this for me did everything he can to get things going and is basically telling me he's done and can't go any further with my car. This is what happened.

He got all the modules programmed and as built data installed for most of the modules. But now the only way he can go any further is he needs a devise that Ford has at the dealers that no one has cause this devise cost like $30.000.So he talked to a couple dealers that he has worked for and helps out sometimes if he can borrow this devise to finish a car he's working on that is mine by the way and Ford said hell no. they are not allowed to loan out any equipment and nothing can leave the premises or the person who loaned it out can lose there job over it. So this is what the guy from the shop were my car is at told me. He said i have to take my car to Ford cause they will not loan him the tool for him to finish my car. So there is nothing else he can do to help me. :-(

So i went to talk to the service manager and the Ford dealer near me and sat down with him and showed him and explained to him what i was doing with my car and what it is i needed them to do. The first thing he says is (THAT CAN'T BE DONE.) I asked him why. I told him that the Ford engineering tech in Michigan told me that it can be done but that i would have to use and program the VIN number from a 2015-18 car that had all these options as well as have the as built data to program into all the modules and if i had all that, then it can be done. the guy at Ford said (WELL YES HE IS RIGHT. IT CAN BE DONE THAT WAY, BUT THAT WE THE DEALER CAN'T DO IT.) I asked him why. and he said (BECAUSE IT IS AGAINST COMPANY POLICY AND THE CALIFORNIA STATE BOARD OF AUTOMOTIVE TO MODIFY AND VIN NUMBER IN A CAR THAT DOES NOT HAVE THE CORRECT VIN. MEANING, WE HAVE TO PROGRAM THE VIN THAT IS OF THE CAR THAT IS IN THE SHOP. WE CAN NOT LEGALLY PUT IN A DIFFERENT VIN. ) So i could not talk him into doing this for me. So then i went to another dealer just to see if i can get them to do it and see if they tell me the same thing. And they did. There is not a dealer in California that will take the chance for any amount of money and put the VIN of a newer car into my car so that i can get everything to work.

So this is why i have to part the car out and get as much money for the parts as i can cause i owe $6,000 on the loan for the car still. I need to pay the loan off so i can get another car. This time i'm just going to buy a 2015 to 2018 that has all the options and that is the color performance blue that i want and be done with it. I just need to suck it up and just learn from this mistake and move on in life. I can tell you guys that i have leaned a hell of q lot about the MK3 and MK3.5 cars that's for sure. So that's another thing i have to think of. I got a ton of knowledge trying to attemp this. Man, just think. i have a friend that used to work at a Ford dealer for years and now he's at a different kind of job. he told me he would have done it for me if he was still there. So that is the other thing. If there is one of you guys that work at a dealer near me in So Cal and is willing to take my car in and attempt this i would pay you for it. But at the same time i could not live with myself if you lost your job by taking the risk. I want to thank everyone who stood by me during this long year of doing this project and for helping with advise when i needed it. You guys are awesome. T.T.F.N.
Old 05-23-2019, 08:34 AM   #38
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

Points 99,178, Level 100
Points: 99,178, Level: 100 Points: 99,178, Level: 100 Points: 99,178, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%
FF Reputation: 160 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (31)
Did you talk to mike at rdc he said he could help , dont know where his post went

Tom
Arco-Zakus likes this.
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Phone: 704-249-3745
Site:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 05-23-2019, 01:51 PM   #39
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 101658
What I Drive: 2014 SGM SE Sport Pkg Sedan 5sp-man

Points 1,731, Level 24
Points: 1,731, Level: 24 Points: 1,731, Level: 24 Points: 1,731, Level: 24
Level Up 31% Completed
Level up: 31% Level up: 31% Level up: 31%
Forum Activity 15%
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%
FF Reputation: 16 Arco-Zakus Great Standing Member
Priceless

Quote:
Well guys and gals. I hate to be the bear of bad news. But i need to tell quite a few guys that i am not going to be able to do my 2014 Ford Focus Titanium to 2015-18 conversion as i spend the many months and almost a year doing. So i am either going to part the car out or try to sell it whole to someone for parts cause i can not get the car programmed and running ...
Sorry to hear that, but, sadly, not surprised.

Quote:
So i went to talk to the service manager and the Ford dealer near me and sat down with him and showed him and explained to him what i was doing with my car and what it is i needed them to do. The first thing he says is (THAT CAN'T BE DONE.) I asked him why. I told him that the Ford engineering tech in Michigan told me that it can be done but that i would have to use and program the VIN number from a 2015-18 car that had all these options as well as have the as built data to program into all the modules and if i had all that, then it can be done. the guy at Ford said (WELL YES HE IS RIGHT. IT CAN BE DONE THAT WAY, BUT THAT WE THE DEALER CAN'T DO IT.) I asked him why. and he said (BECAUSE IT IS AGAINST COMPANY POLICY AND THE CALIFORNIA STATE BOARD OF AUTOMOTIVE TO MODIFY AND VIN NUMBER IN A CAR THAT DOES NOT HAVE THE CORRECT VIN. MEANING, WE HAVE TO PROGRAM THE VIN THAT IS OF THE CAR THAT IS IN THE SHOP. WE CAN NOT LEGALLY PUT IN A DIFFERENT VIN. ) So i could not talk him into doing this for me. So then i went to another dealer just to see if i can get them to do it and see if they tell me the same thing. And they did. There is not a dealer in California that will take the chance for any amount of money and put the VIN of a newer car into my car so that i can get everything to work.

So this is why i have to part the car out and get as much money for the parts as i can cause i owe $6,000 on the loan for the car still. I need to pay the loan off so i can get another car. This time i'm just going to buy a 2015 to 2018 that has all the options and that is the color performance blue that i want and be done with it. ...
This is what the people who suggested not doing this had in mind.

Quote:
... I just need to suck it up and just learn from this mistake and move on in life. ...
Don't give up completely until you talk to RDC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus View Post
Did you talk to mike at rdc he said he could help , dont know where his post went

Tom
CORRECTION:
Post #4 in his other thread on this same subject.

Quote:
... I can tell you guys that i have leaned a hell of q lot about the MK3 and MK3.5 cars that's for sure. So that's another thing i have to think of. I got a ton of knowledge trying to attemp this. ...
I told you so (and I mean that in a good way).

Even if RDC can help you complete this project (and especially if they cannot) you mught feel like it was not worth the effort. Just rack it up to the proverbial "rising cost of education". Where else could you have learned all you have, at any price? ("Priceless")

Whether you can use it in some way to generate income is another question, but it should at least be worth a few "rep" points on this site.

Quote:
Man, just think. i have a friend that used to work at a Ford dealer for years and now he's at a different kind of job. he told me he would have done it for me if he was still there. So that is the other thing. If there is one of you guys that work at a dealer near me in So Cal and is willing to take my car in and attempt this i would pay you for it. But at the same time i could not live with myself if you lost your job by taking the risk....
It may not even be legal for you to do the VIN swap yourself if you had what you needed to do it. Might be worth checking with a lawyer. Maybe if you can reach Steve Lehto (though he practices in Michigan) via his youtube channel he would have some idea.
(Video on subject unrelated to this thread to show he is if you don't know.)

Jay Leno is not a lawyer, but definitely a car (and motorcycle) enthusiast, and has an appreciation for (some) Fords. Maybe you could get his attention through commenting on one of his videos, like the one below, or through a YT PM, to see if he has any suggestions closer to home.

Quote:
... I want to thank everyone who stood by me during this long year of doing this project and for helping with advise when i needed it. You guys are awesome. T.T.F.N.
Thanks for taking the time to share all you have done.

Last edited by Arco-Zakus; 05-23-2019 at 05:47 PM. Reason: add links and corrections
Old 05-23-2019, 03:54 PM   #40
Focus Enthusiast

Points 952, Level 16
Level Up 52% Completed
Forum Activity 5%
Hey Tom, thanks for the hit up. No i have not hit up Mike. I'm not to sure if i've seen his post. I would love to talk to him. Do you have a contact number for him? I still have your tune that i paid about a year ago lol. i will use it in something here pretty soon.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Focus Centennial Edition Sedan
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in