Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (https://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/)
-   DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current) (https://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/duratec-ti-vct-performance-2012-current/)
-   -   St Exhaust on Se (https://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/duratec-ti-vct-performance-2012-current/707753-st-exhaust-se.html)

Aberk25 10-25-2016 10:33 AM

St Exhaust on Se

Ive got a 2015 SE sport and im getting a stock st exhaust real cheap. The exhaust already has the resonator deleted but im getting the resonator with it too. Anyone put the st exhaust on their se and should i leave the resonator off i want a nice tone that isnt obnoxiously loud but definitely noticeable outside the car without interior drone.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using FF Mobile

foxhound720 10-25-2016 07:42 PM

Resonator off. Also there is a several page thread about this topic with videos.

Also go on YouTube, I found resonator on and off videos.

foxhound720 10-25-2016 07:43 PM

Btw it might drone with no resonator. Bit a small cheap vibrant resonator or something no more than 12" inches. Anything longer or larger in diameter will be just the same noise dampening as the stock resonator.

FFhb13 11-01-2016 01:33 AM

Leave resonator on...I have a header and running st exhaust so obviously mine will be a lot louder without the stock manicat, but it sounds throaty when you get on it..without the resonator, from clips I've heard... kind of a tinny, raspy tone..hard to explain, you have to listen to the clips posted on here (you'll have to search)..almost like a person that has a cold and has a rattle in their chest when they cough.

JtheLugan 11-01-2016 06:43 AM

I don't know the sound difference between a NA Focus and an ST, but my ST, with a res delete, has no drone at all. It is barely louder than stock, until my right foot gets heavy.

Sent from a new potato

foxhound720 11-08-2016 02:52 PM

St will be quieter because of the turbo.

I just put an st exhaust on my se but I replace the resonator with a magnaflow glasspack and I cut off the rear center exit muffler. I am using a dynomax vt back there. Beside the dreaded vt cold start rattle... It sounds good. The only thing I would do differently is a longer glasspack to knock it down a few decibels If I keep the vt muffler.

Vt muffler is quiet at idle but its full boar at heavy throttle.

FFhb13 11-09-2016 08:36 PM

Dynomax ultraflow ss is a straight thru design performance muffler with decent tone and modest noise

eddie339 11-11-2016 01:06 PM

I did the ST exhaust with resonator delete... Sounds great. I drive mostly highway and notice very little to no drone in the cabin... When I get on the throttle it sounds great. When you cruzin' with normal shifting, it is tame but sounds good. I say go for it with res. delete...

FFhb13 11-11-2016 11:33 PM

It will be too loud if you ever add a header though.

foxhound720 11-18-2016 07:14 AM

I have the st rear muffler if anyone wants it. I wont use the center exhaust. I swapped my vt out for a turbo style muffler and it sounds awesome.