SCT Custom Tuning for the MKIII 5M / DCT - Page 11 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current)

DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current) The place to chat about any Duratec 2.0L Ti-VCT engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest

Like Tree428Likes
Reply




 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2013, 11:09 AM   #101
Thread Killer
 
Trav-E2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Fan#: 8331
Location: San Diego, CA
What I Drive: 2014 Fiesta ST

Posts: 2,712
Points 14,853, Level 79
Points: 14,853, Level: 79 Points: 14,853, Level: 79 Points: 14,853, Level: 79
Level Up 1% Completed
Level up: 1% Level up: 1% Level up: 1%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 6 Trav-E2.0 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by papaacer View Post
i think that review just made me want to pull the trigger honestly
Glad I could be of some help!
__________________
I has FiST
Trav-E2.0 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-12-2013, 11:35 AM   #102
Focus Fanatic
 
novus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Fan#: 107022
Location: Ft. Carson, CO
What I Drive: '12 Tuxedo Black Focus SEL

Posts: 2,173
Points 2,020, Level 27
Points: 2,020, Level: 27 Points: 2,020, Level: 27 Points: 2,020, Level: 27
Level Up 14% Completed
Level up: 14% Level up: 14% Level up: 14%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 6 novus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trav-E2.0 View Post
First data log is in the books for Tom to work on and I will post up later with my thoughts!
Would you elaborate what he's looking for when running around for the logs? I don't think he's mentioned it. What I mean is, is he looking for WOT runs + driving around or something different?
novus is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2013, 11:41 AM   #103
Thread Killer
 
Trav-E2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Fan#: 8331
Location: San Diego, CA
What I Drive: 2014 Fiesta ST

Posts: 2,712
Points 14,853, Level 79
Points: 14,853, Level: 79 Points: 14,853, Level: 79 Points: 14,853, Level: 79
Level Up 1% Completed
Level up: 1% Level up: 1% Level up: 1%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 6 Trav-E2.0 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by novus View Post
Would you elaborate what he's looking for when running around for the logs? I don't think he's mentioned it. What I mean is, is he looking for WOT runs + driving around or something different?
He mentioned it a few pages back, but he's looking for a 3 min idle, a 5 min cruise and 2000-6000 rpm pull at wide open throttle in 3rd gear. He will go over it with you when the time comes.
__________________
I has FiST
Trav-E2.0 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-12-2013, 11:43 AM   #104
Focus Jr. Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Fan#: 110235
Location: groveport, OH
What I Drive: 2003 Ignot Silver Focus SE

Posts: 35
FF Reputation: 1 1SWTFCS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus View Post
Focus-Power is happy to announce the release of our +2012 MK3 performance and DCT tuning.

We have over a decade of experience in providing full custom tuning to the Focus community.

What you get with our Tune & Device:
  • Unique custom tuning to each customer.
  • Free unlimited lifetime tuning updates.
  • Remote tuning support.
  • Store up to 10 custom tunes.
  • Datalogging ability.
  • Read and clear DTC codes.

Our Price: $399 + $20 shipping

For more information, prices and appointments, please contact Focus-Power
Does this leave a thump print on the ecu?


Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile now Free
1SWTFCS is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2013, 12:37 PM   #105
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Fan#: 119341
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
What I Drive: 2013 Focus SE Black Tuxedo Metallic

Posts: 9
FF Reputation: 1 sleekfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Just ordered my package today...very excited for this....I had a guy that did the same thing for my 08 WRX and custom tunes are the way to go and this price is awesome for the software and such. Thanks Tom can't wait to work with you....
sleekfocus is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2013, 12:48 PM   #106
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Fan#: 119341
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
What I Drive: 2013 Focus SE Black Tuxedo Metallic

Posts: 9
FF Reputation: 1 sleekfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SWTFCS View Post
Does this leave a thump print on the ecu?


Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile
Tunes won't leave a thumb print per say...If ford really wanted to get down to it they could hook up the ECU and find out if it had been "tampered" with but most dealers don't have this equipment in their service departments. If you are going in for an oil change or anything like that they'll never be the wiser.

Just don't mention you have a tune and don't leave the X3 in the car as it doesn't need to stay hooked up. And if you're that worried about it most tuners save the stock ECU tune in the memory bank so you can flash it back to "stock" if you so desire and that will "erase" any evidence of a tune..

I've had many cars tuned and never had dealers say anything about it... unless you grenade your engine or tranny it shouldn't be a problem. And most tuners like Tom won't build a tune that pushes the car to its limits. It is also much harder to grenade an NA tune because most bolt on mods will not change the A/F ratio much so timing and fueling can remain some what constant through the power band.

Mostly what I've gathered from what I've read about this tune is timing may be adjusted slightly and some of the throttle tables tweaked, but nothing major. A/F ratio and fueling will get adjusted to make the most out of any bolt ons but again unless Tom is pushing your A/F to the max and risking early detonation with a lean condition there isn't anything to worry about.

Again the benefit of a custom tune no engines operate 100% the same so this tune isn't for "big powa" but more driveability and ironing out the kinks all mass produced ECU's have.

Sorry for the lengthy post and reply but I've been lurking for the past few weeks since I bought my 13' SE hatch but I'm no stranger to building up cars. I haven't even tuned an NA model as I normally stuck with FI cars....

Thanks again Tom and everyone should be very happy as there aren't a lot of tuners out there that would take time to do custom for many customers nd keep lifetime updates with mods...
sleekfocus is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2013, 01:30 PM   #107
Focus Jr. Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Fan#: 110235
Location: groveport, OH
What I Drive: 2003 Ignot Silver Focus SE

Posts: 35
FF Reputation: 1 1SWTFCS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleekfocus View Post
Tunes won't leave a thumb print per say...If ford really wanted to get down to it they could hook up the ECU and find out if it had been "tampered" with but most dealers don't have this equipment in their service departments. If you are going in for an oil change or anything like that they'll never be the wiser.

Just don't mention you have a tune and don't leave the X3 in the car as it doesn't need to stay hooked up. And if you're that worried about it most tuners save the stock ECU tune in the memory bank so you can flash it back to "stock" if you so desire and that will "erase" any evidence of a tune..

I've had many cars tuned and never had dealers say anything about it... unless you grenade your engine or tranny it shouldn't be a problem. And most tuners like Tom won't build a tune that pushes the car to its limits. It is also much harder to grenade an NA tune because most bolt on mods will not change the A/F ratio much so timing and fueling can remain some what constant through the power band.

Mostly what I've gathered from what I've read about this tune is timing may be adjusted slightly and some of the throttle tables tweaked, but nothing major. A/F ratio and fueling will get adjusted to make the most out of any bolt ons but again unless Tom is pushing your A/F to the max and risking early detonation with a lean condition there isn't anything to worry about.

Again the benefit of a custom tune no engines operate 100% the same so this tune isn't for "big powa" but more driveability and ironing out the kinks all mass produced ECU's have.

Sorry for the lengthy post and reply but I've been lurking for the past few weeks since I bought my 13' SE hatch but I'm no stranger to building up cars. I haven't even tuned an NA model as I normally stuck with FI cars....

Thanks again Tom and everyone should be very happy as there aren't a lot of tuners out there that would take time to do custom for many customers nd keep lifetime updates with mods...
The only reason I ask Is because I'm scared of ruining my waruntee this is the first new car I've bought as to say I'm also only 19 an I don't make enough money to buy a new engine. I'm sure that I wouldn't have any problems but I also bought an extended warrantee and I don't want to waste my money. But again I'm sure I wouldn't have anything to worry about but you can see where I'm coming from


Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile now Free
CHINITOMEX99 likes this.
1SWTFCS is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2013, 03:35 PM   #108
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Fan#: 119341
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
What I Drive: 2013 Focus SE Black Tuxedo Metallic

Posts: 9
FF Reputation: 1 sleekfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SWTFCS View Post
The only reason I ask Is because I'm scared of ruining my waruntee this is the first new car I've bought as to say I'm also only 19 an I don't make enough money to buy a new engine. I'm sure that I wouldn't have any problems but I also bought an extended warrantee and I don't want to waste my money. But again I'm sure I wouldn't have anything to worry about but you can see where I'm coming from


Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile
Well as with any mod there's always the risk of harming your car, and if the dealer finds out you had the mod they can deny the warranty work... Driven properly with this tune it will actually make your car run better and you should see no ill effects. Personally I have no objections to it as I said before they don't know you have the tuning and it costs them more to find out. Good luck I hope you make the leap you'll love the benefits of a properly tuned vehicle.
sleekfocus is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2013, 03:48 PM   #109
Focus Jr. Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Fan#: 110235
Location: groveport, OH
What I Drive: 2003 Ignot Silver Focus SE

Posts: 35
FF Reputation: 1 1SWTFCS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleekfocus View Post
Well as with any mod there's always the risk of harming your car, and if the dealer finds out you had the mod they can deny the warranty work... Driven properly with this tune it will actually make your car run better and you should see no ill effects. Personally I have no objections to it as I said before they don't know you have the tuning and it costs them more to find out. Good luck I hope you make the leap you'll love the benefits of a properly tuned vehicle.
It might help that I work at a dealership and are pretty good friends with my service writer


Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile now Free
1SWTFCS is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2013, 05:07 PM   #110
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Fan#: 111130
Location: Melbourne, Australia
What I Drive: 2012, Focus Trend Hatch Silver

Posts: 488
Points 1,599, Level 22
Points: 1,599, Level: 22 Points: 1,599, Level: 22 Points: 1,599, Level: 22
Level Up 99% Completed
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 spiikey1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trav-E2.0 View Post
Glad I could be of some help!
ahh right I see, fair enough man it sounds very solid from what your saying thus far. Are you going to dyno the car?? And have you noticed immediate hp gains throttle response??
spiikey1 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Focus Centennial Edition Sedan
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:23 PM.


Copyright 2002-2015 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : : Advertise Information

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Mazda CX-3, Audi S3, Mazda MX-5 Miata and Acura TLX. You can find all Ford Focus, Focus ST and Focus RS related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area. If you own other makes have a look at Challenger Hellcat Forum, Charger Hellcat Forum, Cadillac ATS-V Forum, Cadillac CTS-V Forum, Lexus RC-F Forum, Lexus GS-F Forum, Mercedes GLA Forum, Mercedes GLE Forum and Volvo XC90 Forum.




 

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1