Focus Fanatics Forum banner

For Sale: 2013 Mazdaspeed 3 rear sway bar

4K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  TORQUERULES 
#1 · (Edited)
For Sale 2013 Mazdaspeed 3 rear sway bar. Less than 2k miles. Removed for a JBR bar.

This is a direct bold on for the MKIII Focus. This bar is a solid bar at 26mm (verses the 25mm hollow Steeda bar or the stock 21mm bar.). When I had my MKIII I switched my Steeda bar for one of these and saw a definite improvement.

I used Energy Suspension bushings on my MKIII, but the stock bushings included are a high durometer rubber almost like urethane. If you go Energy Suspension, then the locating collars can be moved with a light hammer tap as they are press fit.

I am asking $60 shipped in the lower 48. Alaska, Hawaii and Canada are extra.

PayPal as payment please.

Matt Wells

torquerules@live.com

Email torquerules@live.com or PM me.

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
Nothing at all. It just did not make a noticeable difference over the already great MS3 bar and right now the job situation is dire. Setting priorities.

I believe a solid 26mm bar is hard to beat with a hollow bar on these cars (the MS3) because of the way they are set up from the factory, even a 32 mm hollow bar like the JBR. I believe most of the "improvements" are placebo, or due to adjusting it full stiff which puts a lot of strain on components like the endlinks and brackets (which is why I got the billet brackets).

But to each their own. Only problem I truly had was son noise that more grease and torquing of bolts solved.

On an MK3 Focus for instance, which has a smaller front bar than the MS3 and a MUCH smaller rear bar, this JBR bar would make a HUGE difference.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.