• lowering springs and dampers

Votes: 104 16.9%
  • full suspension kit

Votes: 102 16.5%
  • coil overs

Votes: 37 6.0%
  • other

Votes: 26 4.2%

POLL, what suspension setup do you have?

40K views 210 replies 175 participants last post by  felixthecat 
#1 ·
what suspension setup do you guys have on your foci?

#80 ·
I have the KWs and have been very pleased with them. Impressive quality and results. I installed them during a G2G and everyone else there was also impressed.

#82 ·
FC front strut tower brace, FS rear strut tower brace, Eibach pro-kit springs and dampers, Progress 25mm rear sway bar, Poly rear coil spring isolator bushings, poly front swaybar bushings, 15x7" wheels that are offset more to the outside, currently running Hankook ventus RS-2's

coming: KYB AGX dampers, and poly bushings in the front lca's, and possibly the rear trailing arms and rear lca's. And new tires for spring will be Falken Azenis 615's

As it sits, even needing an 4 wheel alignment for rear alignment issues, it still handles like on rails. Took some corners the other night at around 50 mph easily not even trying, that others have probs taking at 40 mph.

#83 ·
I'm running the full eibach pro kit w/ front and rear strut bars. It was a strangely coincidental upgrade being that one of my front springs broke the day after I ordered it. I love it and my only complaint is that the shop I had install the bars didn't grease them properly so the front squeaks. I'm fixing that in the spring though.

#84 ·
I guess that the only options are:
-SVT or a complete eibach, koni or hr, not just the springs but also dampers, 'cause if you only got springs (koni, eibach or hr) your poor long stocker dampers will die soon.

#92 ·
-SVT kit
-biscuitninja clamp set to retrofit rear sway bar with 22mm bar
-KYB AGX

of course better brakes and better tires (also widened steelies rims)
-bix

#99 ·
Ground Control coilovers with 500# springs front and rear, Adjustable Koni yellows, 25mm rear sway bar, SPC camber plates on the front.... -2 camber on all 4 corners with 1/8th inch total toe out on the front.

#115 ·
Dampers are the technically correct term for shock absorber. A dampers controls both rebound and compression strokes of a spring. Technically (engineering nerd use) a shock controls one or the other and a spring need not be involved in creating the motion. It became common in the U.S. to use the term shock rather than damper (which is a more common term elsewhere in the world).

And yes, its always advisable to use new shocks /dampers with new springs, especially if the springs are shorter (shorter shock shafts are needed to maintain travel) as well to effectively dampen the increased spring rates shorter springs normally have. Stock shocks may work initially, but they will quickly tire out. You'll never witness the full performance benefits of the new springs unless they are effectively damped. Only a shock specifically designed for use with the shorter/stiffer spring can do that correctly.

#102 ·
My setup=
-Tein S-Tech's
-Eibach Pro Dampers
-Steeda 28mm RSB

BTW Leadf00t, Dampers are your Shock/Struts and no you dont need new ones for the pro kit drop, But it will def complement the springs-

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.