2017 Season - H Street SVTF - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Autocross Racing

Autocross Racing The place to discuss information about autocross stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2017, 10:15 PM   #11
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 24376
What I Drive: 2003 Focus SVT EAP 3 Door

Points 325, Level 6
Points: 325, Level: 6 Points: 325, Level: 6 Points: 325, Level: 6
Level Up 50% Completed
Level up: 50% Level up: 50% Level up: 50%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 1 ZIPYSVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
In street class, the allowance is 1" diameter +/- stock but no allowance for a change in width. The SVT came with 7" width and I believe I have to run that to be legit. If I have that wrong I'd love to know.

This may turn into a 2018 plan because it looks like one of the wheels I have isn't repairable, and finding another one has been difficult so far. They would be a great set of dedicated race wheels tho, so I'll keep at it.

2003 SVT Focus - "Red Sonja" | Rebuilding a Legend!
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2017, 10:48 PM   #12
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 345642
What I Drive: 02 Sonic SVT, 07 Chile Justa, other

Points 25, Level 1
Points: 25, Level: 1 Points: 25, Level: 1 Points: 25, Level: 1
Level Up 49% Completed
Level up: 49% Level up: 49% Level up: 49%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 1 SKI-R Good Standing Member
I'll pm a lead for wheels.......
Old 12-13-2017, 12:31 AM   #13
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 24376
What I Drive: 2003 Focus SVT EAP 3 Door

Points 325, Level 6
Points: 325, Level: 6 Points: 325, Level: 6 Points: 325, Level: 6
Level Up 50% Completed
Level up: 50% Level up: 50% Level up: 50%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 1 ZIPYSVT Good Standing Member
2017 Season Update

It was an absolute blast racing the SVT this year. I competed in a total of 11 events with my local club here in Nor Cal, plus 2 enduros up in Medford, over 100 race runs all together for the year. It was a tortoise and hare season - every time I finished 2nd, it was to a Fiesta ST, but those guys didn't make it to enough events to challenge me for the season win. My season results were 2 wins, 6 2nd place finishes, H Street Class Champ, and a PAX rank of 4th.

The car has ran flawlessly all year and nothing broke. I did a complete overhaul of the brakes in June (Motorcraft OEM rotors, EBC Red Stuff pads, rebuilt calipers, fluid flush - details and pics in my Build thread) which it really needed.

Here are a few pics from the season:

And a few videos, starting with the mistakes - I hope these encourage anyone who would like to try autocross but is worried about screwing up and embarrassing themselves that it is okay to blow it - just shake it off, and try again!

DNF at the Start

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qpM...ature=youtu.be

At the start, I was supposed to turn in to the lane PAST the double cones, but instead went up nearest lane, and then was totally confused when the track wasn't where I expected it (the lane I was supposed to be in is on my right up until my ungracefully left turn and exit of the course). Red flagged! I did better the next time.

12 Seconds to Spin Out - SSCC Fall Enduro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmwg...ature=youtu.be

Previous day, afternoon practice, I kept coming into that sweeper with more and more speed, and the car was just planted. Next morning, this is still in my head - "I can carry more speed into that sweeper!" - but it is 9:30 in the morning, 20 degrees cooler, I was just starting my first practice laps so cold tires, and I was not at all prepared when the back end said 'nope' and around I went. Truly an embarrassing move as it also required a clean up of the track. I had dirt everywhere in the car - door pockets, vents, you name it - to remind for a couple weeks about what a dumb move that was. I treated that corner with a lot more respect after this.

Final Lap @ Speed - SSCC Fall Enduro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k92W...ature=youtu.be

Fast, fun track, loooong and fast straight into that sweeper, and it is awesome when you do it right ... this is the last lap of 5. Finished a distant 56th out of 64 cars, 32nd in PAX, and ran 2nd in H Street to a '93 Accord Coupe on new RE-71Rs. Still had a blast and will be heading back up there for the Spring enduro in April.

Final Run - TTC Shasta AutoX Challenge Series

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8oB...ature=youtu.be

Final race of the year at my home club. Crazy cone course, it had a Chicago Box, it had chicanes, it had circles, it was nuts. This was the day I beat one of the Fiesta St's on raw time / no penalties for the very first time, and this was my fastest run of the day.

I hope you guys enjoyed the videos and the update. If any of you peeps are in the North State, check out our club www.trinitytouringclub or www.facebook.com/trinitytouringclub and come race with us! We have people join us from all over and everyone is welcome. Our preseason starts January 21st and I can't wait.

2003 SVT Focus - "Red Sonja" | Rebuilding a Legend!

Last edited by ZIPYSVT; 03-06-2018 at 08:46 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2017, 08:52 AM   #14
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 247649
What I Drive: Looking 4 a car

Points 212, Level 4
Points: 212, Level: 4 Points: 212, Level: 4 Points: 212, Level: 4
Level Up 24% Completed
Level up: 24% Level up: 24% Level up: 24%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 1 Yetti27 Good Standing Member
That "TTC Shasta AutoX Challenge Series" had 2 circles haha nice.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Focus Centennial Edition Sedan
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in