Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Ford Focus & Fiesta Powershift Dual Clutch TCM Failure Symptoms
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2015, 09:22 PM   #50
rob_gray
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 243266
What I Drive: 2014 SGM Focus HB SE

Points 1,250, Level 19
Points: 1,250, Level: 19 Points: 1,250, Level: 19 Points: 1,250, Level: 19
Level Up 50% Completed
Level up: 50% Level up: 50% Level up: 50%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 rob_gray Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frandia View Post
I want to say this to all here. Some may think I'm whining but I am tying to help you. I have been battling FORD for nearly 3 1/2 years over this. I had the shudder issue and it was fixed and only 7 months later I now have the loss of power issue and they WILL not fix it unless you drive in with a Check Engine Light on and the right code in the car's memory.

Try getting there before both reset. Good Luck. That is why if you read your letter outlining the 14MO2 issue it clearly states the issue is intermittent. That is how they cover themselves. They also say the Check Engine Light "MAY" be present.

What they don't tell the public is that unless BOTH the Check Engine Light AND the Code are present when they look at your car, you will be told that they "can't replicate the issue" and be sent on your way. The dealer will claim they can't get paid under the warranty unless they can show FORD proof of the Check Engine Light and the Code(s) I had mine towed in with from a repair shop verifying the exact code needed and was sent home with an unsafe car that loses power. The have to hook up a laptop and drive the car then print out the data in order to get authorization for the warranty work to be covered.

Your wasting your time with the Reps here. Tell them the truth Meagan. You know my story better than I do. They very well may try to help but I feel they are naive as well. The only time they help is when a dealer is just totally unreasonable and merely tries to tell you there's no issue in the face of proof. If you fall into the gray area of an intermittent issue...you're screwed. Two different Reps here lead me around in circles for 4 days and then stopped communicating with me because the dealer along with my Regional Customer Service Manager would not authorize the repair due to what I outlined above.

As I said, if you don't meet all the requirements for a fix, you won't get one and no one will help. I even went to my Regional Manager's Supervisor and got nowhere. He told me to try Arbitration. He was kind enough to tell me that he's driving a 2012 with the same issues and has been aware of this website for years and reads it often. FORD doesn't care.

As long as they sell trucks and other models and the Focus to unknowing suckers, the bottom line is all that matters. Your life is just a statistic if it's going to cast them money. What kind of company lets people drive cars that lose power and shut down on highways? FORD.

If this video doesn't open your eyes, nothing will.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHXelGqmK1M

Guess what FORD's position is on this video? You Tube is not an authorized site. Pretty unbelievable but true. That is what they told me when I pointed my Regional Customer Service Manager to it.
dude.... we get it.