Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - How to cut a fuel pump access panel/door.
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2015, 10:43 PM   #41
lucyfek
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 114102
What I Drive: 2002 yolk;) zx3

Points 59, Level 1
Points: 59, Level: 1 Points: 59, Level: 1 Points: 59, Level: 1
Level Up 18% Completed
Level up: 18% Level up: 18% Level up: 18%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 lucyfek Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
@amc49
yep, I've had to get the whole f.. module. Got one at rockaouto and - sure enough - was lucky to get substandard part (I'm in the process of disputing the order). Do not buy Spectra Premium (cheap but you get what you've paid for) or Delphi (ra either repacked wrong part or delphi just sells Spectra at 40$ premium, definitely not what pictured at online store). I've installed it in (had no time to futz around but I should have just return it, wish I figured it out sooner). The outlet did not line up with the original outlet (the original fuel line could not be repositioned to fit) and the fuel line supplied with the module was next to impossible to fit in, definitely not designed for the vehicle. All this after cutting tabs on the bottom of the tank (and I thought I was home at this point, yeah right). It works but the module looks disposable (can't see replacing just the pump if it failed), I broke the original fuel line (tried to shorten it to fit but getting the end back into the line is not an easy task, not sure what they use at factory besides heating the hose, it would pull out too easily). Plus the Spectra module (I just don't think it's Delphi, despite the box it came in, it even had the other part number embossed on the top) looks disposable and does not have the 2nd external fuel strainer. Do not buy (unless you're really cheap and like to make tough job an awful one).
All this because you can't get original module/matching pump any more. Thanks Ford for flip flopping.
Hopefully it'll last.