Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Ford Focus & Fiesta Powershift Dual Clutch TCM Failure Symptoms
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2015, 01:39 PM   #29
4mikebruns
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 119661
What I Drive: 2014 SGM DCT Focus SE (sedan)

Points 806, Level 15
Points: 806, Level: 15 Points: 806, Level: 15 Points: 806, Level: 15
Level Up 6% Completed
Level up: 6% Level up: 6% Level up: 6%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 2 4mikebruns Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Ford doesnt care about us, I've figured that out by now as I'm on my 3rd focus and its still a lemon....My last one (2014 SE DCT) had the issue of neutral while in drive or any other position for that matter...happened while I was driving. Dealer came out and performed a master reset on the spot and then it drove. They still took it to the dealership and the computer found nothing wrong with it...BUT...they RESET my car prior to diagnostics....how is that FAIR? Big Ford wouldnt help me with a negative equity assist on another vehicle, but the dealer bought it back for its sale price minus the rebates and stuck me with over 7k in negative equity...(mind you this was my 2nd one so i had now 2 cars of neg equity) The only car that could offset with any rebates was another 2014 Focus SE...Everything was fine til 3 months ago my "transmission fault service now" light began coming on randomly...Ive had the occasionlka shutter and rattle...lag in response...the car even held the throttle fo rme for 3 extra seconds after letting off a few times (how fun)...the light disappears during that drive or when i turn the car off, I cuaght a pic of it once. The dealer cant see me for over 1 month due to the transmission dept being backed up....I WONDER WHY!? SO how many Focus's do i have to buy that all have transmission issues before I can be set free from the Burden FORD gave to me....I have an open case AGAIN...that probably will make it NO WHERE. I will be contacting the media soon. We can see how that goes...

EDIT: mind you my 2nd one only had 500 miles and 1 week...and my current one started having issues at 7000 miles...