Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 14M01 Ford Dual Clutch Warranty Extension Details and New TSB Clutch Parts!
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2014, 08:39 AM   #68
wavsine
__________/\__

Fan#: 118470
What I Drive: '16 Camaro RS '13 SE Hatch TOTALED

Points 159,652, Level 100
Points: 159,652, Level: 100 Points: 159,652, Level: 100 Points: 159,652, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%
FF Reputation: 34 wavsine Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooOld View Post
Ok, here's what I don't get. makuloco2000 says they aren't coming back. You say others say they are coming back. Who's right? I guess makuloco2000 means they aren't coming back the minute they leave the service department, and you mean they are coming back some time later? So basically makuloco2000 is being deceptive by (paraphrasing) "Yep, I perform the TSB, finish the job, and it doesn't 'come back' before we deliver the vehicle to the customer parking area."

And why are you still on this forum?
makuloco2000 (Brian) is doing us a great service by coming on this forum and keeping us in the loop as to what is going on. As for the longevity of the latest "D" seal and revision "F" clutch, Brian (or anybody at Ford) has no way of knowing how it will hold up long term in the field. We can hope that Ford/Getrag and Luk have worked out some of the bugs in the DPS6 and the latest parts are a long term fix.