Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2012+ Transmission Shudder Issue Explained
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2014, 04:05 PM   #64
makuloco2000
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 34231
What I Drive: 01' Focus LX

Points 6,840, Level 54
Points: 6,840, Level: 54 Points: 6,840, Level: 54 Points: 6,840, Level: 54
Level Up 45% Completed
Level up: 45% Level up: 45% Level up: 45%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 12 makuloco2000 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtread View Post
My Ford Focus 2012 is past the 60,000 miles. I drive for work. I will have owned it for 2 years within the next few weeks. I have taken it back to the Ford dealer 3 x for the shuttering problem. They have reflashed the computer but have said" we cannot find the shuttering problem which now from your video I understand what they are saying. It is getting worse as it is almost a jerking motion from 1st to 2nd 90% of the time. I am embarrassed to take clients in my car. Now I am worried as to how bad it will get and I am left with on repair bills even when I tried to have it fixed. Any news on extended warranty?
No news on an extended warranty. If you have been taking it to the same dealer and have a history with them on the issue and you are just past 60k miles and they can duplicate it now they will likely goodwill it for you. Especially if you call Ford I have seen it many times. There are allot of after warranty assistance programs at Ford. The good thing is you have a history before you got out of warranty and its so new plus it is a widely known problem with fix available so if you are nice instead of irate you will likely get assistance from Ford. Doesn't hurt to say in a couple years I am going to be buying another car so I have nice cars to bring clients around in and I would like to buy another Ford but...
I complained about how the dealer we bought out explorer from treated us and got a free FORD ESP plan without even asking for it.