Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - SCT Custom Tuning for the MKIII 5M / DCT
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013, 06:02 PM   #43
ripto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99257
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus

Points 3,142, Level 34
Points: 3,142, Level: 34 Points: 3,142, Level: 34 Points: 3,142, Level: 34
Level Up 62% Completed
Level up: 62% Level up: 62% Level up: 62%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 ripto Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus View Post
Custom tune is a tune that has been loaded then datalogged to make sure it is a safe tune for your engine and to make it a custom tune , matched to your mods and your driving style , no 2 Foci are the same so no 2 Foci are going to respond exactly the same to mods or a tune and to get the most safe performance your money can buy , In the end isnt that what your tuning your car for ? and a custom tune with free tune updates cost less

Canned tune , you get what you get , you dont know how safe it is with out datalogging , you dont know if your getting all your paid for , most canned tunes are made from tuning a few Foci then making a generic tune based on those few Foci tested which means not every car is making its safe potental

Which one do you think would be the better tune ?

Tom
The custom tune, of course. I'm just wondering why the Injected tuner is so much more popular. Is it because they were the first to announce anything? As far as I know, they don't offer custom tunes, or datalogging; however, I've been out of the loop for awhile. And your tuner is cheaper. Sounds like a no-brainer to me. Now I'm just worried about the warranty being voided issue as I still have 1.5 years/20k miles left.