Focus Fanatics Forum banner

NEW PRODUCT: Turbo Tech Racing Upper Engine Mount!!!

74K views 420 replies 51 participants last post by  TurboTechRacing 
#1 ·
Now available to purchase!!!

Product Link:
http://www.turbotechracing.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=5478

Sale price of $174.99 is already listed in the link above, no discount code required.

Mounts will ship in order received. First come first served.

We should have around 5 ready to ship next week and 25 more ready to ship the week after.

PM/Pass the good news onto all of your friends!

See less See more
#113 ·
I wonder how the vibes will eventually settle out over a couple thousand miles… I don't mind them at all but I do end up driving a lot of people around and would prefer to not hear everyone complain about my vibrating car lol

#115 ·
I already put 300 miles on my car after the mount was installed last night, and it's already smoothing out. The vibes at launch are the only really noticeable ones left. It looked like the fasteners on the engine had red thread lock on them when I removed them. Did anyone else notice this? Just to play it safe, I remounted them with blue thread lock. Not sure if it was necessary, and as previously stated couldn't find the torque specs from ford! Snugged them up and I'm going to re check at 100mi. WOT and engine sound are worth the vibes! And the DCT doesn't get confused at launch from a stop, better shifts, and no hesitation.

#116 ·
about 200 miles on mine so far and its awesome...

I noticed the thread lock too. I take a ratchet to the top ones just to see if its still snug, and it still is. So I'm not going to worry about it.

#122 ·
I saw you guys offer UPS Ground shipping on the website. I'm away until the 4th and I want to order one but I don't want it to come before I get home... How long does shipping usually take. My zip code is 07932 if you need it.

#125 · (Edited)
Been on vacation, so a little late on this review[:)]

The initial drive, wow, the vibes were crazy on start up. The whole dash was shaking and the steering wheel felt like it was attached to the engine. So I put on 50kms hoping that it would get better. Noticed that anything above idle to 1800rpm was the worst, windows up or down. Getting it past 2000rpm to 3000rpm the shakes were tolerable. But trying to see anything behind me with the rear view mirror, let's just say forget it. Now the engine note is pure awesome from 3000-redline[giddy]

I now have just over 400kms with the engine mount and the vibes have calmed down from 1800-3000rpm. That is my normal cruising rpm. Anything above that I like the vibes and sound. The initial start up is still the same, feels like I have aluminum motor mounts installed. The vibes from just over idle to 1750rpm still shakes the dash and steering wheel. I am hoping that at around 1000kms, the vibes will only be on initial start up and it only rough vibes through the steering wheel below 1700rpm.

I read up that the older duratec motors, the torque ratings were 59lbs for the bolts on the engine side and 39lbs for the frame side. I set my torque wrench to 55lbs and tried to loosen the 18mm bolts. Torque wrench clicked but did not loosen the bolt. I dialed it up to 60lbs and as the torque wrench clicked the bolt loosened[idea] So I tightened the 18mm bolts to 60lft/lbs. Did the same procedure to the frame side, starting at 35lbs and ending up at 40lbs to break the 15mm loose. So I tightened the 15mm to 40ft/lbs.

p.s. I have pics on my hard drive, how do I attach to this post? it keeps asking me for a url?[werd] Can't I just add my images to this post?

#126 ·
Been on vacation, so a little late on this review[:)]

The initial drive, wow, the vibes were crazy on start up. The whole dash was shaking and the steering wheel felt like it was attached to the engine. So I put on 50kms hoping that it would get better. Noticed that anything above idle to 1800rpm was the worst, windows up or down. Getting it past 2000rpm to 3000rpm the shakes were tolerable. But trying to see anything behind me with the rear view mirror, let's just say forget it. Now the engine note is pure awesome from 3000-redline[giddy]

I now have just over 400kms with the engine mount and the vibes have calmed down from 1800-3000rpm. That is my normal cruising rpm. Anything above that I like the vibes and sound. The initial start up is still the same, feels like I have aluminum motor mounts installed. The vibes from just over idle to 1750rpm still shakes the dash and steering wheel. I am hoping that at around 1000kms, the vibes will only be on initial start up and it only rough vibes through the steering wheel below 1700rpm.

I read up that the older duratec motors, the torque ratings were 59lbs for the bolts on the engine side and 39lbs for the frame side. I set my torque wrench to 55lbs and tried to loosen the 18mm bolts. Torque wrench clicked but did not loosen the bolt. I dialed it up to 60lbs and as the torque wrench clicked the bolt loosened[idea] So I tightened the 18mm bolts to 60lft/lbs. Did the same procedure to the frame side, starting at 35lbs and ending up at 40lbs to break the 15mm loose. So I tightened the 15mm to 40ft/lbs.

p.s. I have picks on my hard drive, how do I attach to this post? it keeps asking me for a url?[werd] Can't I just add my images to this post?
You have to upload it to another site and then post a link to it. A popular one seems to be photobucket. Here are the official instructions: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38843

#127 · (Edited by Moderator)
O K, let's see if this works

http://www.flickr.com/photos/99465497@N07/9379319313/in/photostream/
Matt Black with red poly. I found a nice place to put the sticker.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/99465497@N07/9382102756/
Factory mount with just 6000kms.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/99465497@N07/9379318735/
New mount installed, took all of 35 minutes, and that included a Motorcraft oil filter and Mobil 1 0w-20.

Forgot to mention: Did a full throttle launch to redline, grabbed 2nd to redline and banged 3rd gear floored it to 6000rpm. The tires chirped hard on the 1-2 shift, but it just grabbed 3rd and pulled hard(I did it twice to see if I could get 3rd to chirp). Before, it felt like the engine and tranny rocked back and forth on the 1-2 shift and then the car moved forward. On a hard 2-3 shift the same rocking back and forth was there but it felt a split second longer. So definately impressed with the Turbo Tech mount. There is no more rocking/hesitation between shifts. The car just goes forward.

#129 ·
Oh, man. I was wondering the same thing about my 2013 Ford Focus SE engine. It seems to be shaking all the time - the car only has 500 miles on it. I was getting worried. I had no idea that the mount was crappy as hell. I had a friend revving the engine while parking in neutral and I couldn't believe how much the motor was moving.

Thank God for this thread.

TurboTechRacing - please let us know if and when this part will be discounted for sale. I will definitely buy it.

#137 ·
It was between this and the tune for me... My cars is still too new to tune and risk losing my warranty. Not sure whats going to happen to it at 30k miles or 50.. The less Ford has to use against me, the better. I WILL be getting the tuner down the road.

But for me, this fixed all of the problems I had. I'm not so much craving the tuner like I was before with this.

#138 ·
IMHO

Person A wants to get both the Tune and Turbo Tech UMM and is debating on which one to buy first.

Scenario one: Already has a CAI, 2.5" exhaust, 4-2-1 header. Then definately do the Tune first, UMM later.

Scenario two: Stock car, or with just one of the intake or exhaust mods. Then go with the UMM. Finish upgrading with all available N/A power mods, then get the tune that matches your combo.

Because I only have 6000kms on my '13, I am doing scenario two. I have suspension and brakes to upgrade before I add any power, so the tune will be the very last thing I do to complete the car.

#139 ·
sorry for the nooby question but why upgrade brakes? are the stock ones not good enough? or are you talking about the discs specifically?

Also if this is 170$ i'd probably need to take it to a mechanic to do for me, unless is there a link somewhere of where and how to install step by step guide?

Intake an exhaust should come first imo.. im waiting for RDC to bring out there own intake, and if it performs better than the steeda i'd go for that..

Does the engine mount stop the delayed gear changes and kick in the car rite?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.