Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2012 a/c problem
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 02:14 PM   #46
Blizzard35
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88463
What I Drive: 2012 Lincoln MKZ AWD Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 2 Blizzard35 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by asting View Post
Hello, I just wanted to address something that the thread kind of started out as, and then changed. This car is more than capable of cooling in hot weather when everything is functioning. Don't let the talk of AC deter you. I've got a black focus, and have spent the last week in florida with it. It gets cold fast, and stays cold. I find myself turning it down. Granted, it hasn't hit 100 yet, but i expect it to be cool enough.
The a/c in my car has "never" worked properly since day one. Earlier this spring when we hit 28 C here in Northern Ontario, there was no cold air coming out at all. Brought the car to the dealership, they said it was 1/2 empty of coolant/refrigerant, they tested for leaks but couldn't find any. So, they topped it up and this past week, every time I go up a hill or come to a stop, I get a foul smell followed by "hot air" blowing. My poor Siberian Husky Puppy hates to drive in the car now because it's blowing HOT air on him! Anyway, I have an appointment to have the a/c fixed, the TSB on the ABS and the transmission is still "wonky" after the latest and greatest reprogramming that did nothing. Honestly, is it too much to ask for a car that just WORKS the way it should work? Obviously with this one it is!