Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Leaking seal Variable Cam Timing (VCT) solenoid (Oil leak)
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 03:19 PM   #11
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 10,771, Level 68
Points: 10,771, Level: 68 Points: 10,771, Level: 68 Points: 10,771, Level: 68
Level Up 81% Completed
Level up: 81% Level up: 81% Level up: 81%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 19 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaaru View Post
...Thanks to this Forum, I was able to track down a serious issue I had with the first Focus I purchase back in nov 2011.
I had a major oil leak in the engine bay and back then the dealer was not able to precisely tell me the nature of the oil leak.
Hey Kaaru,

Are you having this concern with the current Focus? If so, don't hesitate to visit the local Ford dealer. You can also shoot me a PM with your contact information, dealer name/state, approximate mileage, and VIN so I can get this escalated to the Customer Service Manager for your area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xwhit3devilx View Post
... I had a similar issue with oil gushing out everywhere, but in my case it would seem the oil dipstick was "faulty"...
Hello xwhit3devilx,

Has the local Ford dealer addressed this concern? If so, great! If not and the concern is still present, make an appointment and send me a PM with your contact information, dealer name/state, approximate mileage, and VIN. Iíll arrange a call from the Customer Service Manager for your area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zosylf View Post
Wanted to go for a nice Easter ride with the girlfriend, decided to check oil on new Focus (2400 mi.). Raised hood and see puddles of oil on valve cover! Good thing I checked oil before 135 mi. trip to girl's house. So I know it happened recently. Blown rubber seal on part you've circled on pic, front vct soleniod. Just got car back from dealer, today. They cleaned up engine,...
Hello

Hi Zosylf,

If the issue reappears, please donít hesitate to contact me. You can send me a PM with the VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number. Once I receive this info, Iíll arrange a call from the Customer Service Manager for your area.

Take care all and have a relaxing evening!

Noemi

p: 800.392.FORD
t:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

f:

M - F 11:30 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply