Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Leaking seal Variable Cam Timing (VCT) solenoid (Oil leak)
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 09:58 PM   #3
Zosylf
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 97557
What I Drive: 2012 Candy blue metalic Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 Zosylf Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Wanted to go for a nice Easter ride with the girlfriend, decided to check oil on new Focus (2400 mi.). Raised hood and see puddles of oil on valve cover! Good thing I checked oil before 135 mi. trip to girl's house. So I know it happened recently. Blown rubber seal on part you've circled on pic, front vct soleniod. Just got car back from dealer, today. They cleaned up engine, but felt-like heat shield on hood still soaked in oil. I also didn't like the use of rtv type sealant on valve cover re-install. Wonder how much of that is floating around in my engine oil now! They also charged me for an oil change, I insisted on because, I felt my closed oil system had been breeched and contaminated. What the heck Ford! I picked you over imports doing the right thing and standing by you. Don't have a good feeling about this!!!!!!!!!!! Gees It's stylish though.