Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Transmission Poll
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 10:40 PM   #26
FordFan1265
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86017
What I Drive: Ingot Silver 2014 Focus SE (w/201A)

Points 1,702, Level 24
Points: 1,702, Level: 24 Points: 1,702, Level: 24 Points: 1,702, Level: 24
Level Up 2% Completed
Level up: 2% Level up: 2% Level up: 2%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 FordFan1265 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I voted automatic as I have never had an automatic under 30 years old go out on me... But I feel I should remind people that if this poll is in regards to the transmissions offered in the 2012, it is a pointless poll. The reason I say this is because there is no automatic transmission in this Focus... There is a traditional manual or a dual clutch automated manual. The Power-Shift claims to be maintenance free for 150K miles because it is computer controlled to a T unless you play with Select-Shift and row your own... Then it becomes hit or miss in terms of longevity just like a standard manual. This hit or miss is determined by the driver and how they treat their shifts... As long as you shift right and stay smooth then a clutch going out/burning up early isn't likely. So really, either has the same chance of lasting forever, and the only reason I vote automatic is because of my never having an auto cause me trouble until age, not my driving, wore it down (daily operation from 1965 to 2008 in Texas is not easy on moving parts)...

Hatch Nation #131

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.