Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - who has ever replaced the ac accumulator and manifold line?
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2009, 09:59 AM   #1
zx32nr
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 43460
What I Drive: 2007 pitch black ZX3 SES

Points 4,938, Level 44
Points: 4,938, Level: 44 Points: 4,938, Level: 44 Points: 4,938, Level: 44
Level Up 94% Completed
Level up: 94% Level up: 94% Level up: 94%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 16 zx32nr Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
who has ever replaced the ac accumulator and manifold line?

well i was pulling my car off the ramps the other day and pinched the rubber hose of the ac manifold line with the lower radiator support. needless to say it starting leaking like crazy.

i called ford and ordered the parts. apparently they changed the design and i had to buy the accumulator beause they changed the design of the bracket on the hose.

everythong looks fairly simple, just unscrew and re-screw back in. all the new lines have o-ring gaskets and what not.
their is one hose that comes off the accumulator and goes up into the fender. it does not have any sort of screw on it at all. it almost looks like a cup and i have no idea how to get the old one off and put the new one on, lol

this is going to be the difference on wether i pay ford to do the job or if i do it myself.

so if anybody has replaced one or two please let me know what the heck to do with that line and if it is worth it to spend the 180 and just have ford replace the parts.

Zetec Crew #175
REP WHEN REP IS DUE

Mazda Employee and general car enthusiast.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.