Focus Fanatics Forum banner

New stereo

3K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  delos23 
#1 ·
The Bluetooth died and said f it....it's my son's now so wanted to remove distraction so now had Apple Car Play. Great upgrade and added a backup camera. Not cheap installing these things in the modern cars but a really nice upgrade if you want to modernize your Focus.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

See less See more
#3 ·
Paid a place to do it. Just over a grand all-in. There are a lot of parts...hahaha. Head unit. Sat reciever. Camera. Mic. All the dash bits.

#5 · (Edited)
Cheaper than a new car. Why not? We'll have this car 5 more years at least.

#6 ·
We covered the old screen with vinyl...looked funny and isn't used now.

#7 ·
That’s awesome, thanks. I’m looking to to the same thing in my 14 focus se. it’s almost paid off and I plan on driving it at least 5 more years, all freeway commute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#11 · (Edited)
I'm pretty sure that is what he started with too. The Metra kit replaces all the buttons and such (where the touch screen is) with an allowance for a double din radio (or a specific sized touch screen). It relocates the lock and hazard button. In this case the OP used a touch screen.

Note the smaller screen above just like in your car.

#10 ·
150 for the dash kit, another 50 for the wireing kit, that includes a modual that allows to retain everying thing plus adds the yellow wire, and then what ever you want to spend on the radio.

im working on getting the dash kit for mine, one with the menu buttons, got the wire kit in mail. and an older head unit to use for now, any one know what the output watts on the base radio is ?

#12 ·
Update. Shitshow. After a few weeks we started having issues where it was dead in the morning - needed to be jumped. Noted the new dash kit with the lock buttons etc. was staying lit after the rest of the car went to sleep. Was somewhat intermittent. Ended up having to disconnect the Sync module and wire everything old-school. The issue was that in order for things to work correctly, Sync had to boot with the kit correctly or it failed and caused the issue. We decided to just axe it b/c the Sync is completely unused at this point anyway. Nice thing is the kit lights are not lit with the exception of a single LED for the lock. The screen is dark now which is better - we had actually covered it with black vinyl after a few days b/c it was annoying. Only downside of this new configuration is the the steering wheel buttons no longer work for volume or skipping channels/tracks...bummer but not worth purchasing a new Sync module for that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.