Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Help me make my focus faster

5K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  bwiren13 
#1 ·
2011 ford focus se base auto 90k pzev
Lunch box delete
17'' wheels
Loud and slow

I need idea's head' headers'valves'throttle body' intake runner delete? Non pzev headers? High flow cat? Im not looking for insane hp or tq just some to show off lmao no power from a dig at all almost like it bogs also not insane amount of money back yard build works at napa any advice is helpful again this car is dead slow from a dig help me lol

#7 ·
I used them for a while with a .55 gap and the car ran weird (especially with the ac/defrost) It felt like it struggled after stoplights and in warm weather. I went to motor craft double platinum recently and it feels much better. Just my experience with them though. (All i have is a steeda sri and muffler delete right now btw)

#8 ·
There is a very special way you have to gap the AR series plug and I have never seen anyone with the correct tool to set the gap , the gap shouldnt of been changed and more then likely you were over .065-.070 because the gap isnt set the same with the wire cut back , its a mistake many make

By your description thats exactly what happen

Tom

#21 ·
I have the $70(?) Massive Speed 75A Street one, it’s nice and quiet for daily driving and only causes slight vibration when AC is on. Way tighter shifting than stock. Every time I drive my sister’s stock 5-speed 2009 SES it feels so sloppy, then I get in mine and it’s like a different car.
Might I add she only has 70K miles and I have 150 :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.