Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Ford DPS6 (Powershift Transmission) DIY RESET
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2019, 09:11 AM   #6
JMFocusSEL
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 373449
What I Drive: 2017, Black SEL Hatch

Points 1,433, Level 21
Points: 1,433, Level: 21 Points: 1,433, Level: 21 Points: 1,433, Level: 21
Level Up 33% Completed
Level up: 33% Level up: 33% Level up: 33%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 1 JMFocusSEL Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegachicago View Post
I looked but didn't find a way to reset the trans to learn mode. Found a Youtube but it was from India and very hard to understand but finally did. I have a 2012 so I don't know if it works on all years. When I reset, jerkiness goes away for quite a long time. 5 months for me. Also, this assumes nothing mechanical is wrong with your trans. Here is the procedure:

1. Run car and set trans to neutral.
2. Turn off and wait 15 seconds.
3. Shift to Park.
4. Turn ignition on (Not running), wait 15 seconds
5. Turn to off, then ignition on (not running)
6. Shift to neutral (you may have to press the brake to do so)

If successful you should see "Transmission Ready" on your dash.

That's it. Works for me and is more convenient that doing a stop and go scrub. Good luck

I tried this on my 2017 SEL and it worked, instead of "Transmission Ready" I saw a window that said Transmission and a progress bar going across the bottom until it finished and the message disappeared.

I can't say that Ive noticed any difference but I didn't have any big issues prior to resetting the transmission. I was going to "scrub" the clutches on my way to my Parents farm so I thought I would reset the Transmission at the same time.