Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Should I seek arbitration?
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2019, 08:57 AM   #7
rczrider
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 184985
What I Drive: 2014 Focus SE hatchback in Ruby Red

Points 863, Level 15
Points: 863, Level: 15 Points: 863, Level: 15 Points: 863, Level: 15
Level Up 63% Completed
Level up: 63% Level up: 63% Level up: 63%
Forum Activity 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
FF Reputation: 3 rczrider Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
From which DFP article did you get the 94% figure? Without reading it, I'm guessing that's in reference to the existing one (Vargas). I'm not sure why they'd speculate on a second lawsuit given the documents from Ford and the fact that the NHTSA investigation is still ongoing.

I'm guessing that you're posting because you're outside of the 7y/100k warranty extension. Some folks have reported getting help from the Ford customer support line: call it in, calmly and clearly describe the situation, tell them you've been a loyal Ford customer for years (doesn't matter if it's true), and ask if there's anything they can do to help. It's within their power to work with your dealership and pre-authorize repair (either via cost-sharing or covering it completely).

If they do that and you get your clutch pack replaced (and possibly your TCM replaced/flashed), I'd consider buying Tom's tune if you want to keep the car longer. It's not magic, but it could very well keep the next pack from wearing out so quickly, giving you a more reliable car while we wait for the NHTSA investigation to complete.