Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Keep or sell Focus SE with DCT
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2019, 12:59 PM   #9
scott9050
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 228554
What I Drive: 2014 Focus Titanium hatch

Points 1,299, Level 19
Points: 1,299, Level: 19 Points: 1,299, Level: 19 Points: 1,299, Level: 19
Level Up 99% Completed
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Forum Activity 26%
Activity: 26% Activity: 26% Activity: 26%
FF Reputation: 1 scott9050 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishBrewer View Post
Being a 2012, it is likely beyond the 7-year limit for 14M01 warranty work so if that's the case, it would be an out of pocket expense.
Not necessarily. I have received good will from Ford before out of warranty and with this being so close and the threat of Congressional investigations looming, Ford might be more than willing to help.

Quote:
Even if it was still within limits, the dealers have to test and submit results to Ford corporate in order to get reimbursed for the warranty work so unless they have a way of faking it (and not sure why they would do that for some unknown customer), they have to test the vehicle.
They simply input the variance from normal into the computer and submit it to Ford. The dealer that did mine was doing this 50-75 times a week for customers. The '14 never got seen before it received new clutches, we walked in and put our name on a list then walked out. The car was brought in a week later and ready late the same day. I have a friend that is a Ford tech in northern Virginia that told me that the problem is so widespread that dealers are bypassing the test to get these cars in and out as quickly as possible. He said "They're all bad, no one is faking it."

Of course that is just my experience, yours may vary.
14 Mustang GT Paxton Supercharged 605 RWHP