Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Keep or sell Focus SE with DCT
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2019, 12:32 PM   #7
IrishBrewer
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 339178
What I Drive: 2012 SEL Hatch, 2003 Cent. Sedan

Points 688, Level 13
Points: 688, Level: 13 Points: 688, Level: 13 Points: 688, Level: 13
Level Up 76% Completed
Level up: 76% Level up: 76% Level up: 76%
Forum Activity 57%
Activity: 57% Activity: 57% Activity: 57%
FF Reputation: 3 IrishBrewer Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott9050 View Post
No way I would sell it. My wife's '14 Titanium had the clutches done under warranty but now has 100,000 miles on the F clutch without shudder.
If you are worried about the car, go to a volume dealer and tell them you have shudder. Most have so many come in that they do not even test them, they just replace them off the bat. The car has very little residual value due to age and reputation, you might as well enjoy it.
Being a 2012, it is likely beyond the 7-year limit for 14M01 warranty work so if that's the case, it would be an out of pocket expense. Even if it was still within limits, the dealers have to test and submit results to Ford corporate in order to get reimbursed for the warranty work so unless they have a way of faking it (and not sure why they would do that for some unknown customer), they have to test the vehicle. Only hope is that with the recent publicity, they will extend and hopefully vastly improve the 14M01 program.