Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Transmission cooler return line removal HELP
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2019, 07:14 PM   #3
Money$hot
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 165890
What I Drive: 2010 SES, 2017 Yamaha FZ09

Points 779, Level 14
Points: 779, Level: 14 Points: 779, Level: 14 Points: 779, Level: 14
Level Up 79% Completed
Level up: 79% Level up: 79% Level up: 79%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 1 Money$hot Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I fought this today, figure it out and all attempts to link photos have failed. (Edit, now added) instead of starting a new thread I will just post here for everyone else who needs to do this.. I'll do my best to explain this via text.

Remove the airbox, its only two bolts and some wiggling. There are two hoses going to the radiator right under the driver side headlight. the lower needs to be disconnected. Remove the metal clip, it just pulls right off. To unlock the hose there are little tabs on the side of the connector, the natural reaction is to squeeze these and then try remove the hose however this is wrong. You must pinch both tabs in and push them in all the way until the the plastic back on the other side pops out. With the side all the way pushed out the hose will easily slide off. If there is resistance, the tabs have not been fully unlocked, try pushing them in while using a small flat head screw driver to pop the back side of the clip back, the clip is not removable from the connector, it just pops back in the unlocked position.

With the hose removed attach a hose, preferably clear, to the end of the radiator. a 3/8 inch inner diameter hose fits almost perfect and can be picked up at home depot. A small painters bucket can be as well that allows you to see how much fluid has been removed. the workshop manual suggests running the car at idle in neutral to pump out 3 quarts, shut the car off, add three quarts through the dip stick about 3 times until the fluid coming out of the hose is clean.

Edit: Photos:
Workshop manual, doesn't help too much:
Name:  workshop manual.JPG
Views: 109
Size:  133.8 KB

Name:  Step 0.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  254.1 KB

Name:  Step 1.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  197.3 KB

Transmission cooler return line removal HELP-step-2.jpg