Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2012 focus a/c compressor replacement.
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2019, 08:46 PM   #1
Jonesym33
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 411621
Points 48, Level 1
Points: 48, Level: 1 Points: 48, Level: 1 Points: 48, Level: 1
Level Up 96% Completed
Level up: 96% Level up: 96% Level up: 96%
Forum Activity 33%
Activity: 33% Activity: 33% Activity: 33%
FF Reputation: 1 Jonesym33 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
2012 focus a/c compressor replacement.

So I bought a new Ford focus S in 2012. A year after I purchased it the a/c oil had leaked out along with the freon and was no longer blowing cold. Warranty repair replaced the compressor. Spring 2017 and the replacement compressor seizes. I am now getting around to try to fix it, and want to get advice. First, is there any kind of recall for the Ford focus and their air conditioning systems?

Second, I am planning on getting a full AC replacement kit, probably from RockAuto. I plan on replacing the condenser, but the kit that comes with the condenser doesn't clearly say that it comes with a dryer? Is that integrated into the condenser?

Does anyone suggest a better source for getting air conditioning repair parts?

Also, it looks fairly easy to get to the compressor, but the condenser looks tricky. do I go from the bottom? Is there a place online that has good instructions?

I have an air compressor (to try and blow out debris), gauges, and a vacuum pump, I will also probably try and get some help from a friend who's done this kind of job on his car (not a Ford).

I'm not very encouraged by the fact that my brand new ford focus ate 2 compressors in 5 years. Living in East Texas where it gets to 100 regularly and is humid as hell to boot I need A/C. Should I dump this car and get a Toyota? I really love the way this car handles and runs otherwise.