Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Does anyone have a picture of where both o2 sensors are?
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2019, 07:47 PM   #24
acsmith1972
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 222474
What I Drive: 2012 Red Ford Focus SE

Points 2,840, Level 32
Points: 2,840, Level: 32 Points: 2,840, Level: 32 Points: 2,840, Level: 32
Level Up 60% Completed
Level up: 60% Level up: 60% Level up: 60%
Forum Activity 43%
Activity: 43% Activity: 43% Activity: 43%
FF Reputation: 1 acsmith1972 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymz9350 View Post
I bought the Steeda jack rails which let you use almost the whole side of the car to jack
Those cost over $100. This is an MK3 Focus that seems to be falling apart at 90,000 miles. If that jack rail had uses on other cars I might get it, probably not, though.

Fortunately it looks like it's the top o2 sensor. Both codes I have say bank 1 sensor 1.

The other codes I have are the vapor leak and one for the purge valve. I can probably change the purge vale myself on the Focus. It doesn't look hard, there's just a lot of stuff in the way. Probably have to take the airbox out to get to it. I've done that before, though, to clean the intake.

I'm hoping once I do the 02 sensor and purge valve that gets rid of the vapor leak message.

I also have to change the coil packs. One broke when I changed the plugs, but when I pushed it back in and tightened it down, it seemed to make the connection. But the car idles rough and loses power for no apparent reason while driving so I figure I may as well do those, too.

After I do those three things if the vapor leak message is gone it goes back for a very late emissions test, and I get to pay for that and the late fee, then I need to pay the taxes on both cars, then the Focus will get listed for sale. Hopefully I can get $3500 for it.