Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Oil Change Indicator with Mobil 1 Annual Protection
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2019, 10:15 AM   #17
Foushboy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 379042
What I Drive: 2000 Ford Focus se(modified), 2004

Points 4, Level 1
Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1
Level Up 7% Completed
Level up: 7% Level up: 7% Level up: 7%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Foushboy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I haven't had any issues ever with changing my oil every 3k. Sometimes less if I'm doing something that gives me an opportunity to incorporate oil change at same time. I remember a friend having a V6 Firebird that had a shop so that 7500 mile oil and filter change done several times. Then needed time up done, because of the way GM decided to shove the engine way back in that chassis the easiest way for dealer to do spark plug change was to drop the engine. She decided to costly, I told her that was crazy. I did it in the yard, and it was difficult, but I didn't have to drop the engine out to do it. But told her let's do oil change same time, get maintenance done same timing. That oil looked beyond what I'd seen out of anything besides a tractor or an abused mower. Filthy, small bits of metal stuck to a magnet when I dragged it thru the bottom of pan. Oil ring was being ate up along with God knows what else. Convinced her to get away from that car as soon as possible.
I don't believe the hype.
Don't be lazy, or cheap, just change your oil.
If it's in warranty still, dealership it, or keep your receipts.
If out of warranty, do it yourself so you know exactly what's going in and coming out. Take a sharpie and write what your next mileage should be for next change in your top left corner of windshield. It'll wipe right off with mild cleaner. No worries.
Peace and grease