Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Yes...another 2.0 zetec cooling fan problem
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2019, 07:09 PM   #1
Deviantfoci
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 413059
Points 2, Level 1
Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1
Level Up 3% Completed
Level up: 3% Level up: 3% Level up: 3%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 1 Deviantfoci Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Yes...another 2.0 zetec cooling fan problem

My lady friends 2001 ford zx3 overheated and blew the thermostat housing apart.
I get the car and replace the thermostat housing. Car holds coolant. Proceed to get the car up to coolant temp and no fans. Ok, put the ac on. No fans.

I check the cooling fan resistor and the wires are melted together from horrible repair with spade connectors. I order the dorman repair kit with new resistor and pigtail and install. Double check and i see the f2 fuse is blown. Replace that at well. Fire everything up to normal temp. No fans. Turn ac on. No fans.

I picked up a high speed and low speed relay and install. No fans.

Replace cylinder head temp sensor by alternator. No fans. If i unplug this sensor both fans go on so i know the fans aren’t bad.

F6(50 amp) fuse is good. F2(30amp) fuse is good.

Other notes.

The ac blows warm. Could that be why the fans don’t work even when the ac is activated?

Does anyone have a broken down schematic for these fans/cooling wiring? Ive checked this forum up and down and couldn’t find one.

Does the cooling fan resistor have power all the time or only when the relays close?

I’m ready to use my smith and Wesson tool on this engine. Rofl