Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 03 2.3L ZTS rpm drop/wants to stall when on the brake in gear
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2019, 10:13 PM   #1
DuncNasty
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 412893
What I Drive: 2003 ford focus 2.3l ZTS

Points 6, Level 1
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
Level Up 11% Completed
Level up: 11% Level up: 11% Level up: 11%
Forum Activity 9%
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%
FF Reputation: 1 DuncNasty Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
03 2.3L ZTS rpm drop/wants to stall when on the brake in gear

hey! new to the forums. i've got a 2003 ford focus 2.3l ZTS and im in Merced, CA. right now its running like shi* :/ jumped on the site in hopes i could get some advice/help. im a toyota guy but just picked this focus up as a 2nd vic. here's my issue, car idles just fine in park. but when i put my foot on the brake and put it in gear, it stutters, drops RPMs and almost dies. RPMs are just fine while driving, but once i get to a light or something and i am on the brake sitting still it starts to act like its about to die again. i've cleaned the throttle body and idle control valve thoroughly so far. dont really have the money to start replacing parts that dont need to be, was hoping some of you have ran into this issue and can help me out. if someone is in the Merced, CA area (worth a shot lol) and willing to come check it out, that would be even better lol