Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Engine Vibration at Idle
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2019, 11:05 PM   #8
Coolzzy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 378218
What I Drive: Ingot silver metallic HB

Points 568, Level 11
Points: 568, Level: 11 Points: 568, Level: 11 Points: 568, Level: 11
Level Up 36% Completed
Level up: 36% Level up: 36% Level up: 36%
Forum Activity 13%
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%
FF Reputation: 2 Coolzzy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I just replaced my PSMM last weekend, only 35k miles on the car (2015 hatchback) and the mount was not leaking oil. Take a look at the old next to the new, keeping in mind the low mileage. I could fit my pinky finger in between the rubber isolate and engine mount frame on the new one. The old one did not appear to be rubbing when I inspected it with a small mirror installed on the car, but you can see here the gap is much narrower on the used one (left). I replaced with the genuine Ford oem part, it will cost a bit more but is the best bet for solving vibration issues. I also installed the ERMM (roll restrictor at back of motor). This is the one used in the Focus ST and electric focus, which stops the motor from twisting forward and backwards towards the firewall under acceleration and in between shifts ore noticeable on the manual cars I think).
Attached Thumbnails
Engine Vibration at Idle-0511191227_1557892822831.jpg