Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 05 ZXT ST Alternator Replacement Tips Please
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2019, 06:34 AM   #2
cwrob95
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 304929
What I Drive: 2007 ZX4 ST

Points 139, Level 2
Points: 139, Level: 2 Points: 139, Level: 2 Points: 139, Level: 2
Level Up 78% Completed
Level up: 78% Level up: 78% Level up: 78%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 1 cwrob95 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I just had to do this on my 07 st. It is kind of a pain. You have to go from underneath. First move your coolant tank and power steering reservoir out of the way for easier access. Then remove front right wheel and wheel well liner. Remove the splash shield for the pulleys then you'll have access to the tensioner pulley and can remove the belt. There is one nut you have to remove on the alt from above and 2 from underneath. Once you remove those, from underneath, there is one nut holding on the plastic alt shield you have to move it a certain way to get at it. Be careful as there is still 2 plugs connected and it's fairly heavy. After you get the plastic thing off you can then undo the bolt on one plug and the other is just clipped on. After that it's a matter of turning it a certain way until it comes through. It's a pretty tight fit. Some people say to remove the dogbone mount to get more clearance but I managed without. And install is just reversing everything you just did. This would be a good time to replace your belt while you have it off.I think I covered everything, if not someone else should chime in. It took me about 3 hours in my driveway but I had no idea what I was doing and could probably be done in an hour and a half. Would be alot easier on a lift for sure. Good luck