Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Overheating problems, please help!
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2019, 10:10 AM   #10
Joshw97
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 384121
What I Drive: 2002 Focus SE Zetec (129k miles)

Points 4, Level 1
Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1
Level Up 7% Completed
Level up: 7% Level up: 7% Level up: 7%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Joshw97 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I actually just had the same issue happen to me for the second time. I have a 2002 Focus SE 2.0l Zetec. I have replaced the thermostat, thermostat housing, and the fan resistor. One of the ports on the resistor was burnt, so I hoped that was THE issue rather than AN issue. Everything was fine for 8 months, then it started overheating again last week in stop/go traffic. The first thing I checked was resistor and sure enough, it was burnt out again! I ordered a new one immediately, then proceeded to check the fuses because it hadn't even lasted a full year. All of the fuses were fine, the thermostat was good, coolant was flowing through the radiator just fine. I've had the new resistor installed for a few days now and I can hear the fan kick on without having to blast the A/C! Hopefully all stays well and I won't have to spend another $40 on the same part! If anyone has any other suggestions for future situations, please share!