Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Front pads
Thread: Front pads
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2019, 05:49 AM   #8
DianeSVT
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 361282
What I Drive: 2004 Focus SVT

Points 808, Level 15
Points: 808, Level: 15 Points: 808, Level: 15 Points: 808, Level: 15
Level Up 8% Completed
Level up: 8% Level up: 8% Level up: 8%
Forum Activity 15%
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%
FF Reputation: 1 DianeSVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellist View Post
I bought Bosch "QuietCast", semi-metallic front (BP970), rear (BP886) for my son's 2003, SVT. We're just finishing installing new front strut assemblies and are installing the pads while the wheels are off. I can't say how they function, on his car, because he hasn't driven them yet. Bought them based on the company name, reviews (mostly on amazon) and price.

Would have gone with the Duralast semi-metallic if RockAuto didn't have a great price on the Bosch pads. I have nothing but positive things to say of the Duralast Gold, semi-metallic pads. Have used them in my Volvos for years. So I'd install them in my son's car with confidence.

FWIW, I go semi-metallic because they seem to function better when cold. I tried ceramic once and didn't like them in my daily driver. The only positive was very little brake dust. Negatives were; poor cold performance. I swapped them out after a couple months and haven't looked back. They make a "semi-ceramic" pad now that may be much better than what I experienced. YMMV.
Quote:
Originally Posted by seraniko View Post
Cheaper than OEMs' and works very well with LA traffic.

Brand: Bosch
Part Number: BC970
Bosch QuietCast Ceramic Pads w/ Hardware
Ordered! The sad part is, I had just placed an order from Rock Auto last week

Thanks to both of you! Had I seen Bosch anywhere, I would have gotten them.

Last edited by DianeSVT; 05-06-2019 at 05:59 AM.