Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Front pads
Thread: Front pads
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2019, 11:06 PM   #6
ellist
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 411599
Points 7, Level 1
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1
Level Up 13% Completed
Level up: 13% Level up: 13% Level up: 13%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 1 ellist Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I bought Bosch "QuietCast", semi-metallic front (BP970), rear (BP886) for my son's 2003, SVT. We're just finishing installing new front strut assemblies and are installing the pads while the wheels are off. I can't say how they function, on his car, because he hasn't driven them yet. Bought them based on the company name, reviews (mostly on amazon) and price.

Would have gone with the Duralast semi-metallic if RockAuto didn't have a great price on the Bosch pads. I have nothing but positive things to say of the Duralast Gold, semi-metallic pads. Have used them in my Volvos for years. So I'd install them in my son's car with confidence.

FWIW, I go semi-metallic because they seem to function better when cold. I tried ceramic once and didn't like them in my daily driver. The only positive was very little brake dust. Negatives were; poor cold performance. I swapped them out after a couple months and haven't looked back. They make a "semi-ceramic" pad now that may be much better than what I experienced. YMMV.

Last edited by ellist; 05-05-2019 at 11:10 PM. Reason: Edited for clarity.