Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Break pad and rotor recommendations for Mk3 SE?
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2019, 12:45 PM   #21
AdhesiveTeflon
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 355553
What I Drive: 15 Focus Slow Edition

Points 464, Level 9
Points: 464, Level: 9 Points: 464, Level: 9 Points: 464, Level: 9
Level Up 28% Completed
Level up: 28% Level up: 28% Level up: 28%
Forum Activity 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%
FF Reputation: 2 AdhesiveTeflon Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by soviet911 View Post
1) The gliding pins are 7 mm hexes (allen) right? Also what is your preferred grease? I used to use the grease that came with the pads for lubrication, or just plain silicon grease, although right now I have a tube of Super Lube with PTFE in it that I am thinking of using (https://smile.amazon.com/Super-Lube-...omotive&sr=1-3)

2) what is the size of the bolts that are used to hold the caliper bracket that needs to be removed to get the rotors off?

3) What is your preferred grease for the pad ears (The sliding metal/metal contact points between pads and caliper, I used to apply a thin layer of aluminum anti-seize (Permatex
81343) with good results)

4) Do you use something like Disk break quiet between pad and caliper mating surfaces to glue them on? Or is it preferential to use a grease of sorts (On saabs I always used disc break quiet with excellent results)

Thanks all.
1/3.) I just used whatever antiseize I had in the garage. Probably had 4 different types lol.

4.) I just used the normal CRC brake grease that you can get at any auto parts store on both the focus and the Evo. Useless on cars at the track though, that stuff burns up at those temps.