Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Is My Brand New Orielly's Slave Defective?
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2019, 10:21 PM   #27
cheap sleeper
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 59848
What I Drive: 2001 black zx3

Points 3,318, Level 35
Points: 3,318, Level: 35 Points: 3,318, Level: 35 Points: 3,318, Level: 35
Level Up 79% Completed
Level up: 79% Level up: 79% Level up: 79%
Forum Activity 23%
Activity: 23% Activity: 23% Activity: 23%
FF Reputation: 5 cheap sleeper Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Yoooo....
The only thing I haven't swapped is the FW, and, I'm wondering if the resurface took it just out of usable spec. Or...
The machinist also knows me as "the SVT focus guy" (guess I'm the only one that comes there) and I wonder if his guys ground it to specs for an SVT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc49 View Post
My bad.......................just making it worse and no need for that.

We did have a similar issue at first on the twin disc clutches we used to drag race, we had to throw out all ideas of what the working distances were there to come up with new for that specific setup. It changed from car to car too.

You have to put the working space of the PP in the same place as the working space of the TOB. We also found that if you stroked the PP slightly too deep then the clutch began to lock again, the amount of TOB movement there was pretty critical. A lot of measuring to get it right, we set up the PP release numbers on a drillpress to be able to tell exactly when the discs released.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using FF Mobile