Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Break pad and rotor recommendations for Mk3 SE?
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2019, 02:21 PM   #11
Ductape91
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 274433
What I Drive: 2015 Ford Focus SE 1.0 EcoBoost

Points 2,808, Level 32
Points: 2,808, Level: 32 Points: 2,808, Level: 32 Points: 2,808, Level: 32
Level Up 39% Completed
Level up: 39% Level up: 39% Level up: 39%
Forum Activity 26%
Activity: 26% Activity: 26% Activity: 26%
FF Reputation: 2 Ductape91 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by soviet911 View Post
Yes, Brombo has a line for OE spec parts, not sure if they are just re-brands though, but sounds by your comment like they are (The ones for SAABs were good quality/price, but this was like ~2010 when I did those...)

For example
Brembo OE spec pads https://www.autozone.com/brakes-and-...609770_0_16108

and rotors
Brembo OE spec rotors https://www.autozone.com/brakes-and-...32_367517_2708

I was thinking of just grabbing ford rotors/pads, but the kit is like 180$ around me so not sure if that is the best way to go or not. For this much I could get duramax gold rotors ($150) and pads ($40), but no idea if they are worth it?

@ felixthecat: thanks for the recommendation, but I really am not looking to put performance breaks on this car as it is a DD that sees zero track/hard driving, just something that will last as long or longer then OE pads/rotors.

@ Ductape91: Did you get Ford OEM pads? I assume they sell only one kind for the focus SE? 6500 miles and squeaks sounds pretty bad.
No, just the cheapest off the shelf there, came from napa autoparts i believe.
If they did it in the shop they would have used oem ones but time and money then said no for me. The oem ones wore down to the plates, and wrecked the rotors, with no warning as they dont have audible wear tabs on the and caught me by surprise going to work, and considering its a light car low miles with mostly highway miles i never considered the brakes to be worn a possibility.
Learned my lesson.