Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Testing 8S4Z-9P471-A Tumbler Rotary Position Sensor on 2.0L
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2019, 12:59 AM   #22
Marde
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 115991
What I Drive: 2004 ZTW PZEV 2.3 ATX

Points 15,755, Level 80
Points: 15,755, Level: 80 Points: 15,755, Level: 80 Points: 15,755, Level: 80
Level Up 81% Completed
Level up: 81% Level up: 81% Level up: 81%
Forum Activity 9%
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%
FF Reputation: 51 Marde Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
This situation is kinda pissing-me-off. I hate the unknown, or missing links, or missing info and my ignorance. I'm stumbling because of these factors.

The biggest thorn in my ass at the moment is:
What is the difference in-between a 2010 PZEV verses non PZEV? I am very aware of what Ford Focus PZEV is, and what "PZEV unique" car equipment is ((i.e., steel-aluminium fuel tank, PZEV EVAP system, SAI (secondary air injection) system, 3-catalytic converters)) but I am struggling with this situation, verses the diagram that Paul provided, verses your test results.

Side Note: My 2004 wire diagrams show PZEV unique wiring WHILE ALSO showing the non-PZEV wiring. The problem with the 2010 diagram we are using is that is does not show the differences, it only shows the PZEV config.

Among many of my thoughts; one guess is there might be one or more pin-number typos in the wire diagram. This typo shit happens, rare, but it does happen. << happens in Aviation too >>.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
In addition I measured a change in voltage at the IMRC Module pin 2 from 0.7v to 0.1v when manually moving the flaps from open to closed. This was also with key on and both MAP and IMRC Modules plugged in...
That test result makes little or no sense. It might make more sense IF you were testing the wrong wire due to a typo in the wiring diagram. Maybe-maybe pin-2 is the PCM input as opposed to the Vref signal. No way to figure this/that out without (1) an accurate wire diagram for your car or (2) lots of ohms tests of each wire to figure out what-wire-is-what.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
...My VIN is 1FAHP3HN6AW160064 if that tells you anything...
Ford VIN Etis website is failing me atm. They say (1) website VIN info is offline and (2) your car is a 2004 and the car color is Sangria Red. wtf?

I got your emailed pics. Thanks. Yes, I can not see the tail-tale signs of PZEV components in your engine like I can in the older (2003-2007) engines. IIRC NY was/is a State that delivers PZEV cars to the dealerships. I will assume your car is a PZEV until other info follows.

I need a beer. Oh, wait, I have one. I need a pill.