Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2006 2.0 Vibration
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2019, 05:12 AM   #7
amc49
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 96610
What I Drive: 00 wagon, 02 sedan both zetec atx

Points 9,174, Level 64
Points: 9,174, Level: 64 Points: 9,174, Level: 64 Points: 9,174, Level: 64
Level Up 42% Completed
Level up: 42% Level up: 42% Level up: 42%
Forum Activity 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%
FF Reputation: 62 amc49 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I'll be the first to call bullsh-t.

Incompetent shop there. Only an utter moron speeds one tire up to 90 mph on a single trac diff, you are screaming for damage there. Excellent way to explode the diff spider gears. Probably did not neutral out the axle angle either and even worse. You can have a tire balance with too much weight on the inside and too little on the other side but weight still adds up to correct and still shakes. As well the tire can balance perfectly but if out of round due to oscillation wear on the back position then it STILL shakes, that is not a condition that balance can fix.

The drivetrains do NOT balance nor do the axles beyond how they come, they are too small in OD and turn too slow to affect ride due to balance.

How about this for a shocker? I have three running cars that have no balance weight on wheels AT ALL. The cars run fine and tires wear the same. I can feel the difference at 80 mph but so slight nobody else in the cars can pick up on it. I haven't balanced any of those wheels on several sets of tires now over the years.

I have to go up and down a gravel drive, it is useless to finely balance tires that get different patterns of rocks stuck in them every single day.

OP, if talking about speed sensor effects, they will show in other things but not that problem. Don't overlook the mounts and even more if they were not official Ford parts. The pass side upper one can under odd circumstance show vibration from the ROAD rather than the engine as it also dampens road vibration. If you mainly feel the vibration come and go as the car rises and settles say on freeway rolls and slight hills or swerves then suspect that mount maybe. If aftermarket suspect it for sure, the aftermarket parts are often utter crap right out of the boxes, I used to sell them.

Last edited by amc49; 04-12-2019 at 05:21 AM.