Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Backup camera lens
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2019, 05:11 PM   #13
SupraGuy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 410021
What I Drive: 2012 White Focus 5 door Titanium

Points 307, Level 6
Points: 307, Level: 6 Points: 307, Level: 6 Points: 307, Level: 6
Level Up 14% Completed
Level up: 14% Level up: 14% Level up: 14%
Forum Activity 38%
Activity: 38% Activity: 38% Activity: 38%
FF Reputation: 1 SupraGuy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Well, I have a much easier time reversing than I did when the camera worked, but the transmission didn't. Still, it's a feature that the car should have, that I just paid for, and while I can certainly look around, having it not work puts me in a bad mood every time I get into the car, plus it's still safer having the camera working than not.

In true intermittent problem fashion though, when I pulled everything apart to check stuff, it worked. Then when I put everything back together, it didn't. I guess I'll just leave the trim panels off.

Of course this raises the possibility that the problem is somehow in the trim panels. Maybe a clip pinches something somewhere in a way that it shouldn't, or presses on a wire harness. I guess I'll have to look through everything. What a royal pain in the patootie.

So more troubleshooting. Next is to take the dashboard apart, and check all the connections to the APIM.

1990 Toyota Supra turbo
I think the cams are still stock...