Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Opinions on MT?
Thread: Opinions on MT?
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2019, 10:46 AM   #50
CarlManCity
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 188529
What I Drive: 2000 Blue SE ZTEC Replacement

Points 359, Level 7
Points: 359, Level: 7 Points: 359, Level: 7 Points: 359, Level: 7
Level Up 18% Completed
Level up: 18% Level up: 18% Level up: 18%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 1 CarlManCity Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsfins View Post
Black is the best looking color new on the lot, but it's a PITA for the reasons you stated. More power to anyone who has one, but it's just not for me.

Do either of them have maintenance records, maybe noted in the owner's manual?
Haven't checked out the white one yet because it's a bit of a short distance away from me and haven't had the time. Trying to go this week. Black one only had one service record indicated in the CarFax. But I've seen a lot of CarFaxes and none of them ever listed regular, multiple services on the vehicle and the form says as much - that services may not be reported to CarFax. The dealer didn't have any service records, which I didn't like, but I'm trying not to focus on that too much. The dealer is a Dodge-Chrysler and their used car div seems quite a bit more developed than the typical place I've come across or would expect. They really seem to take it seriously. But then again I haven't biought a used car in forever, so maybe I'm being naive.