Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - I screwed up. Need help. Airbox resonator delete
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2019, 08:48 PM   #57
stayboogy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 248321
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Focus SE Sedan

Points 2,157, Level 28
Points: 2,157, Level: 28 Points: 2,157, Level: 28 Points: 2,157, Level: 28
Level Up 5% Completed
Level up: 5% Level up: 5% Level up: 5%
Forum Activity 8%
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%
FF Reputation: 4 stayboogy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanCaveman View Post
Hi gang.

My ingenious self filled the airbox resonator with Great Stuff. My idea was to gain a little more intake noise and reduce airbox turbulence. Chalupa Jones asked me if I used a high heat foam. I checked the can (after the fact, of course) and it says not to use around anything higher than 240 degrees. Unsure of exactly how warm the engine bay can get, I removed my now Great Stuff filled airbox resonator.

My problem: Now at 3,100 RPM I get a hugely loud and headache inducing drone.

What I need: Is a solution. I'm unsure of exactly what I can use in the engine bay because of the heat. In the mean time I'm going to attempt to remove the Great Stuff from the airbox resonator and re-install that.

Yes, I know I'm an idiot. Thanks in advance for any help.

I used gorilla tape to cover the hole where the resonator attached to the air box on the bottom. I did it real nice like and a couple of layers. It never melted or caused any issues.

I ran with it like this for at least a year or more, until I put the RS Airbox on which has no resonator or hole in the bottom.