Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Tom's Tune Review
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2019, 06:13 AM   #4
bayuap
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 127986
What I Drive: 2013 black Focus 2.0 Hatchback

Points 324, Level 6
Points: 324, Level: 6 Points: 324, Level: 6 Points: 324, Level: 6
Level Up 48% Completed
Level up: 48% Level up: 48% Level up: 48%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 4 bayuap Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by izzatisa View Post
Hi!

Yeap, indeed the car is imported from Thailand!

After the tune, i would say that in D mode is where the DCT really shines. A full throttle while cruising at around 90-110 km/h, the car changes gear so fast and so smooth that you didn't notice you're now at 160-180km/h. It is indeed better than before.

From a stop, a full throttle would now launch the car without the normal shudder or jerking. I've had the tune for almost 500km now and i would say it removed 95% of the shudder and jerking. Thus, when there is some jerking, you will notice it and it's obvious.

As for the smell, this is something that surprised me a lot. After 500km with the tune, i would say that the smell never came. I've always expected to smell something burning right after i floor the gas pedal since this always happens before i installed the tune. But now, it is totally gone.

The gear change now is pretty quick and firm at WOT. It is not as fast as a PDK hahaha. But if you want to compare based on the tune itself, then there's a huge difference. I've compared this tune to the stock tune and my god i can't believe i've been living with the stock tune for 4 years. The stock tune is so bad that it made the gear shift at WOT felt mushy and slow.

I hope this helps!

Do note that no two cars are identical thus you might have different results..
Now S mode will be rarely used hahaha

Sent from my SM-G960F using FF Mobile