Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Battery change and BMS reset?
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2019, 08:57 PM   #65
spots
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 334065
What I Drive: 2012 red focus se

Points 559, Level 11
Points: 559, Level: 11 Points: 559, Level: 11 Points: 559, Level: 11
Level Up 18% Completed
Level up: 18% Level up: 18% Level up: 18%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 1 spots Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFhb13 View Post
I got some weird things going on with my battery.. sometimes when go to my car, before I unlock I see on the screen, a little status bar and it says "shutting off car to save battery" but it's been on all night and then when I start the car, it's like the battery is drained, pushbutton start takes like 3 or 4 seconds of cranking..if I press pushbutton once to power acessories with car off, it turns off after not even 4 minutes.. used to stay on for 10 to 15.. battery is still testing good, it's 590CCA, testing around 520CCA but close to replace... anyone have any good recommendations for batteries, I would like a AGM type with more CCA then oem. Optima redtop used to be a go to, they are not as good anymore and too expensive

battery testing good but is your alternator ? also with the tools you use to reset the bms you can also use it to look at the errer codes on both low speed and high speed can bus.

thats right them $10 cheapo scan tools at walmart dose not pick up or read all the errer codes.