Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2002 Focus SVT Build
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2019, 02:50 PM   #3
Makit Worx
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 376210
What I Drive: 2004 Focus SVT

Points 312, Level 6
Points: 312, Level: 6 Points: 312, Level: 6 Points: 312, Level: 6
Level Up 24% Completed
Level up: 24% Level up: 24% Level up: 24%
Forum Activity 17%
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%
FF Reputation: 2 Makit Worx Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Great looking build and I like the white. I assume the plan is to leave it gutted since you are going to make it a track car. Any plans to put in a roll cage?

For suspension, I like my BC Racing coilovers. BC only sells their base performance coilovers for the fSVT, but I like all the adjustability and the performance feels very consistent across all four corners. You will likely want to go with aftermarket rear toe and camber arms to dial in the alignment for the track. Factory alignment is not track friendly and the OEM arms are not adjustable. Both Massive Speed System and Megan Racing offer some good ones. I’m using the Massive ones and like the metal bushings verse the rubber or polyurethane bushings. I'm sure others have some good recommendation on suspension components. And of course, recommend using polyurethane bushings on both front and rear control arms (Prothane has worked good for me). C-F-M also has some tubular front control arms that have the hyme joint and will also give you adjustable camber, but they are $$$. I have them on my SVT and they feel like good quality, but haven’t decided yet if they were worth the extra cost.

What are your plans for the engine?

Look forward to seeing updates on your build.

Ron