Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Cost for Fuel Pump Replacement?
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2019, 08:28 AM   #6
FordNewbieGirl
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 155162
What I Drive: 2014 Ford Focus SE, Sterling Gray

Points 1,190, Level 18
Points: 1,190, Level: 18 Points: 1,190, Level: 18 Points: 1,190, Level: 18
Level Up 90% Completed
Level up: 90% Level up: 90% Level up: 90%
Forum Activity 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
FF Reputation: 1 FordNewbieGirl Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Thought I'd update on this. I was having problems with the gas gauge dropping to E and then bouncing back while driving once the gauge hit the 5/8 full mark. The check engine light kicked on once, but quickly went off. Had to constantly fill the gas tank to keep it from happening. Thought it might be related to the canister purge valve recall because a couple weeks before the recall we had to have that part replaced, but no such luck.

Turned out to be the fuel sending unit, so that and the fuel pump needed to be replaced. I looked up the cost for each of those (not realizing it was one unit) and saw up to $1000, so when it came in at $540, I was happy.

They also performed the computer update for the recall. I need to see if I can get a refund for the $210 I paid to have the evap purge valve solenoid replaced. Do you think I should contact the local dealer for a refund, or the main Ford number?